skar question.

I would think, solely on your available space, the 12" would get lower. 5 cu. would be drastically choking an 18". Run a 12, put 1500W on it, utilize that 5 cu., and enjoy your booms

The Skar VVX is a well-priced piece of equipment. It is not a "miracle sub", as no thing exists. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

With your space, you could fit 2 Skar 12's quite well. There is a SSA member that uses 5 cubes @ 28hz for them, and has incredible results.

If you do not choose Skar, you can also find many other subwoofer arrangements that can achieve your goals.

Best wishes!

Well i have done many research on subs with that low of a Fs and i cannot find for under 200 bucks with the same amount of power..and i mean subs that are not discontinued
I will just list one for you PAP's wmd12.. Has a lower fs a higher power handling and a lot more. Ok today its 250 but like I said last month you could have bought 2 12's for $250. Their current sale is on their new emp8's but they offer a new sale at least every other month. Again I will say Skar might be a great speaker IDK but I am not so impressed I am willing to run out and buy one.

For ya viewing pleasure these are 10's being under powered but you get the idea.-

I will just list one for you PAP's wmd12.. Has a lower fs a higher power handling and a lot more. Ok today its 250 but like I said last month you could have bought 2 12's for $250. Their current sale is on their new emp8's but they offer a new sale at least every other month. Again I will say Skar might be a great speaker IDK but I am not so impressed I am willing to run out and buy one.
For ya viewing pleasure these are 10's being under powered but you get the idea.-

WMD12 D2 FS 31hz,Qms 5.8,Vas 1.3 cft,mms 248 g,re 4 ohms,Qes 1.1,SPL 82db,pdia 257.2 mm,Qts .9,Le 1.1,Bl 13

lower then skar? i dont think so

WMD12 D2 FS 31hz,Qms 5.8,Vas 1.3 cft,mms 248 g,re 4 ohms,Qes 1.1,SPL 82db,pdia 257.2 mm,Qts .9,Le 1.1,Bl 13
lower then skar? i dont think so
You do understand those are the specs for the 2010 version correct??

Paps offers for most of there subs a R version with a fs of 21on the 12" version....

Wierd enough they are not posted on there site. I assume they just don't have the time to update there site or enough people workng for them to do it in a fast manor.. Look at the wmd2's they have a rating of 1500 and a 4 layer coil the 2011's have a 2000rms rating and a 8 layer coil. They did alot of changes to the 2011 models.

Wierd enough they are not posted on there site. I assume they just don't have the time to update there site or enough people workng for them to do it in a fast manor.. Look at the wmd2's they have a rating of 1500 and a 4 layer coil the 2011's have a 2000rms rating and a 8 layer coil. They did alot of changes to the 2011 models.
That is a comparison of apples to oranges.

As far as the OP is concerned, using the 5 cubes for a pair of 12's would be a good bet. Enclosure efficiency, port size, and tuning will be major factors. The Skar's will happily love that space and be able to do what you want. So will about a dozen other woofers. But for the price, Skar looks promising. If you want to spend some more $, then you open up other options.

That is a comparison of apples to oranges.
As far as the OP is concerned' date=' use the 5 cubes for a pair of 12's would be a good bet. Enclosure efficiency, port size, and tuning will be major factors. The Skar's will happily love that space and be able to do what you want. So will about a dozen other woofers. But for the price, Skar looks promising. If you want to spend some more $, then you open up other options.[/quote']

How is that comparing apples to oranges?? Skar 12 lets just say $200 wmd 12 $250. based just on price there in the same league.

How is that comparing apples to oranges?? Skar 12 lets just say $200 wmd 12 $250. based just on price there in the same league.
A Xbox 360 and an iPod Touch can be about the same amount of money, both are electronics...However, they are not comparable. See what I'm saying? Trying to explain metaphorically. The physics of the woofer you are talking about and the Skar are not alike.

A Xbox 360 and an iPod Touch can be about the same amount of money' date=' both are electronics...However, they are not comparable. See what I'm saying? Trying to explain metaphorically. The physics of the woofer you are talking about and the Skar are not alike.[/quote']
Very true and i get your point. But it seems Skardb is only interested in the fs of a sub and based just on that one spec the wmd and skar are on the same lvl. What is the FS of a Skar? Is the fs lower then 21 if not then the wmdr wins that one??

I'd go Mach 5 IXL since I'm persoanlly not too fond of the Skar owner's reputation.
Seems a few people aren't in love with him. However, he's always treated me with respect and I haven't had an issue. And looking through many reviews it seems the few incidents are isolated to used product/ebay and unrelated to the woofers and the purchasing of new woofers. Just my .02. *shrug*

And yes, the IXL can be considered as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.