Skar EVL 18 VS. SSA ICON

A flat curve is NEVER FLAT. I highly recommend a +3 bump atound 35hz in a smaller truck with 10% more port area and a slightly larger box.

In a larger car or suv. A slighy smaller box with a higher tune 38 or so give you a peak from around 50 to 60 and the larger cabin aids the sligtly faster roll off of the higher tuning smaller box with its natural trasnfer function..

For spl its just the oppsite. Large box lower tune in larger cabins tune lower 33. Or so just enought port area for vent match..

For walls/trucks small box HUGE port tuned no lwerr than 37.
You mean to tune for SPL that is to tune lower than 33 hz in a large cabin?.. I always thought that for SPL you want to tune around cabin resonance and keep it smallish if you can to improve power handling?

That adequate for 2 18s correct ? And I'm getting it built tbh by a bodybuilder and u recommend building on top of the wheelwell?
Kenwood X301& Sundown E-15 v3 5.8 CF Ported @34hz on PPI ICE2600

No u have the wood at .75" and for two 18s u should have doubled every wall so 1.5" and that will take up space. I think u should build a new box for your 15s u have... put those 15s in a 9cubed box and they will come alive... that 5.8cube box u have now is suffocating them

You mean to tune for SPL that is to tune lower than 33 hz in a large cabin?.. I always thought that for SPL you want to tune around cabin resonance and keep it smallish if you can to improve power handling?
Larger cabins peak lower. The better the cabin is sealed the higher the res.

For example. Tahoe stock with typical 4 15 stock install typically peak between 34 and 38. So lets say you reinforce the roof floor and deaden the roof and seal up the leaks in the cadin. This increases the acoustical dampening, lowers airspace and shrinks the cabin. SO Ihe air is denser and stiffer and resonates higher and has less pressure losses to the atmosphere.

Think about it like this. Say you build a box And put it in a much larger box. The much larger box leaked and you sealed the whole thing really well. Now less pressure cannot escape creating more compression over that volume of air..

Sorry about the terrible grammar i was feeling almost bad enough to check into the ER.

Last edited by a moderator:
AH... I see... then I guess I'm tuned OK and that is why it gets so rowdy inside! Roof is sealed/deadened the doors are sealed/deadened but need to get rid of roof flex to really to maximize the cabin pressure?

In my car its nearly flat down to 34 and to 60 street beats a 143 on the dash and is probably the best sounding driver ive heard to date.
Your car sounds like dlck hole! There was a SQ show that the real losisatool told you about close to you and u didn't even go. You never put your money where your mouth is!!! Your allllll talk

AH... I see... then I guess I'm tuned OK and that is why it gets so rowdy inside! Roof is sealed/deadened the doors are sealed/deadened but need to get rid of roof flex to really to maximize the cabin pressure?
depends. to be honest. Hunter martin's 6th order gained when he took off his 45s and also gained half a db taking off several pole bracing. A good amount of people lost output after deadening while a good amount gained so you really dont know what to expect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.