i need a second battery

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
theres a battery shop right outside my house and was wondering what could i ask for? i dont think they would understand if i asked for like a kenetik or whatever or is there like a certain something you can ask them that are non car audio enthuses for what im looking for in a second car battery to power cab1600 on psi plat 2 stock alt 110? like for example could i just get a yellow top for the back or is there a difference for batteries when it comes to those lithium smaller ones? or should i just ask for a lithium battery? without sounding dumb

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']agm would be your best bet. Just sayin, stay away from Optima if you don't already know. @adulbrich knows more about batteries than I do.[/QUOTE]
So just ask them for Whatever atm battery they got to throw in the trunk? Could it be any battery? Like if they gave me a regular car battery would that be alright ?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

theres a battery shop right outside my house and was wondering what could i ask for? i dont think they would understand if i asked for like a kenetik or whatever or is there like a certain something you can ask them that are non car audio enthuses for what im looking for in a second car battery to power cab1600 on psi plat 2 stock alt 110? like for example could i just get a yellow top for the back or is there a difference for batteries when it comes to those lithium smaller ones? or should i just ask for a lithium battery? without sounding dumb
Just ask for an AGM. Optima is garbage though. They're not what they used to be. Don't get an AGM for the back if you don't have an AGM up front. Don't put a standard battery in the back though. Put an AGM under the hood and in the back.

You don't need to pay for a "car audio" branded battery. Also, lithium is wayyyyy overkill for a CAB 1600.1

i just got my agm on sale at advance like $135 or so and i get $25 off next $50 purchase that was sale., but they have discounts all the time., i gained 1/2 volt

i just got my agm on sale at advance like $135 or so and i get $25 off next $50 purchase that was sale., but they have discounts all the time., i gained 1/2 volt

To wire this.

Power from 1st battery to second battery positive post and negative to ground then wire as regular from second battery to distribution block then out to Mono and 4 channel?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Make sure you fuse power lead on rear battery if it shorts its live from trunk to front of your vehicle ..many rides have Burt due to a less than $10 mistake
yeah i shoulda caught the fuse thing, i say put a fuse each end of all power wires.. saw a car trunk on fire at a stop lite yrs ago..

Make sure you fuse power lead on rear battery if it shorts its live from trunk to front of your vehicle ..many rides have Burt due to a less than $10 mistake
yeah i shoulda caught the fuse thing, i say put a fuse each end of all power wires.. saw a car trunk on fire at a stop lite yrs ago.. idk whats up with the double post again.. yeah advance has 20% off until the 11th..

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.