Silverado craptastic build..

During building.

2012-10-31175513.jpg

2012-10-31184454.jpg

2012-10-31192927.jpg

2012-10-31230901.jpg

Now I have lots of sanding and have to finish the baffles.

I built a box for 2 sa8 that was an entire cube smaller than my box for single idmax. 8s was out of mdf and weighs at least twice what the idmax birch box does. Threw me off every time I picked it up.

Your Box looks good though good job.

Also thanks for the idea on how to set up mold for glassing into a pillar. I was just looking at mine earlier today and wondering what best way to do so would be. Why are they pointing straight up though?

I built a box for 2 sa8 that was an entire cube smaller than my box for single idmax. 8s was out of mdf and weighs at least twice what the idmax birch box does. Threw me off every time I picked it up.
Your Box looks good though good job.

Also thanks for the idea on how to set up mold for glassing into a pillar. I was just looking at mine earlier today and wondering what best way to do so would be. Why are they pointing straight up though?

there Parallel, well nearly Parallel with the dash. The pillars have a steep slope which is why they look it there pointed up lol.

Just build my friend a underseat box for SA8s in a silverado also.

there Parallel, well nearly Parallel with the dash. The pillars have a steep slope which is why they look it there pointed up lol.
Just build my friend a underseat box for SA8s in a silverado also.
Ah, gotcha. Didn't account for that!

Mine wasn't under seat. Just kinda slapped a box together and threw it in the back. I took out my back seat like a year ago so it's easier for me to swap stuff out. Debating on console box for idmax though and putting rear seat back in

Ah, gotcha. Didn't account for that!Mine wasn't under seat. Just kinda slapped a box together and threw it in the back. I took out my back seat like a year ago so it's easier for me to swap stuff out. Debating on console box for idmax though and putting rear seat back in
My back seat is out also, ***** but is nice also.

Yeah I don't miss it much. I'd had it folded up for the previous year anyway.

I had originally planned on putting four Dayton ho 12 or 15. Got a crazy deal on two nib idmax and now am down to one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.