Silverado craptastic build..

Iosias
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So the end goal is gonna be SQ. Ive only just starting learning and getting into car audio about 3 months ago so if you spot something stupid please let me know lol. Im just adding some pictures for the moment of what ive done.

How I installed my ID X65 mids. I used some butyl rope from autozone to create a barrier between the door and MDF and speaker from the MDF.

th_20120714_193219.jpg

20120714_193212.jpg

This is how I have my amps mounted atm, using double sided tape to hold up the wood then amps mounted to that.

20120714_193229.jpg

My second attempt at a box, currently working on another box Rangerdanger designed for me. (JLw6V2 is the sub that went into that)

20120706_152132.jpg

I have my tweeters just taped to my dash for the time. Hopefully in an hour or so I will start on tweeter pods like Keep_Hope_Alive has made and in the coming weeks I will deaden and seal my doors up once I can get some extra cash.

Almost done with the box, just dreading cutting out the wholes for the sub lol, I really need a router.

Thanks, didn't even think to post that.

With mods in my sig i ran 15.1 at the truck, but could slow pull on a truck running 14.70s on a highway pull

Also when i went from open diff and 3.23's to the trutrac 4.11s i saw about 2 mpg improvement in town, and when i drove from nm to az i got 24 mpgs, only thing i can figure is your not having to floor it everywhere you go just to unass the truck.

^^^^Not sure what that is about... but here is a pic of the mount ill be using for my tweeter pods that I drilled and put a set screw in so I can tighten and adjust the tweeters imaging.

20120726_075906.jpg

I think I may have to find a way to extend the length of this to get the tweeter pod farther away from the pillar.

Looks pretty good bro. Pro tip: you need to paint or somehow semi-waterproof those mdf rings you used to mount your mids or they'll fall apart if/when they get wet. Also you'll get far better midbass response from your mids if you somehow seal up those big holes in your doors. You can just use some sheet metal & self-tapping screws, then cover with deadener.

When I get some stuff from Sound deadner showdown ill be redoing the door and sealing it up. I think i will use some 1/2 plywood to seal it though with buytl rope as a decoupler.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.