should i turn my box around and try to seal it off?

I dont know exactly your deminsion problems or whatever, but I have done mine and can still take it out easily.

Build the box so that the baffle is as big as you can get it. You want to go as wide and tall as possible. With my car i did that and scooted it as far forward as possible, which was actually really close. There is a max. of 1" gap between either the left and right or up and down in some places. Shove towels in those gaps and its basically sealed off. I secured the box with 4 L brackets and it keeps everything in place.

25192600082_large.jpg

25192600083_large.jpg

I have done a little more work after these pictures. I will get more up later.

BTW this is the box in my sig. so it's ported.

ya i have some ideas, i think the 2 piece design will be our best bet. probably fire up at the trunk lid, and port towrds cabin, so should be able to get the subs in and out and then be able to glue the box from the inside by going through the sub cut out.
I am going to double baffle the top of my box probably have the subs top/trunk lid firing and have the subs recessed. Put a sleeve in the boxes slide them together, and glue and carpet it in the trunk. But still cant figure out where to fire the port and or slotted or aero.....

I dont know exactly your deminsion problems or whatever, but I have done mine and can still take it out easily.
Build the box so that the baffle is as big as you can get it. You want to go as wide and tall as possible. With my car i did that and scooted it as far forward as possible, which was actually really close. There is a max. of 1" gap between either the left and right or up and down in some places. Shove towels in those gaps and its basically sealed off. I secured the box with 4 L brackets and it keeps everything in place.

I have done a little more work after these pictures. I will get more up later.

BTW this is the box in my sig. so it's ported.
ya thats what i was thinking of doing. but im going to put the batts and amp behind the box .

I am going to double baffle the top of my box probably have the subs top/trunk lid firing and have the subs recessed. Put a sleeve in the boxes slide them together, and glue and carpet it in the trunk. But still cant figure out where to fire the port and or slotted or aero.....
ya that sounds good idea. and ya mabye even use aeros, save on space but where to fire that is the question lol

oh and this will all be this summer so im not in a hurry just getting all my stuff together, got the batteries on the way a bunch of 1/0 hyper flex starting to look for HO alt.

you have a couple options. i fyou want it loud just lay ur seat down and put it up when u have passengers or make it hindge.

another option is to do a bandpass with 2 12s and have it blow thru the ski hole. the subs could be removable thru the back of the enclosure.

i totally understand doing the 15s it's a totally different sound than 10s or 12s. i have done a few installs of 15s firing foward ported in larger sedans. the low freq flex is CRAZY! one we competed with a few yrs back would flex the A pilliar atleast a inch with music.

doing the 15s is gonna take alot of work and planning but will be worth it when ur done, do it! if you need help let me know...

you have a couple options. i fyou want it loud just lay ur seat down and put it up when u have passengers or make it hindge.
another option is to do a bandpass with 2 12s and have it blow thru the ski hole. the subs could be removable thru the back of the enclosure.

i totally understand doing the 15s it's a totally different sound than 10s or 12s. i have done a few installs of 15s firing foward ported in larger sedans. the low freq flex is CRAZY! one we competed with a few yrs back would flex the A pilliar atleast a inch with music.

doing the 15s is gonna take alot of work and planning but will be worth it when ur done, do it! if you need help let me know...
alright thanks man. i think im going to try the 15s this summer ill take everything out and measure and see what i can do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.