Should I order the RE8's now and torture myself for 2 months?

Justinw303
10+ year member

[Space for Rent]
Alright, so I've been saving up my money since I got my first shop a couple of months ago, and it's taking a while. I first thing I bought was a pair of speakers for mjy doors ('90 F-150).

Now I've got a little more money saved up, and I have a small decision to make.

Should I go ahead and get the HU I've been looking at ($180) and get the RE8's($120 approx.) later, or go ahead and get them now and have to stare at them every day until I can get my amp, box, etc., and get them installed?

It's not a big deal, I was just wondering what you guys would do.

Man this is electronics. You are allways supposed to wait for the last possible moment to buy the stuff.

Why buy re8s now when you have no box or amp or headunit? by the time you get all the stuff to use the re8s the re8s will be outdated and your gonna want to upgrade again..

and why do you want RE8s? you plan on using them for subwoofers or midbass?

you think cause you have a truck all you can fit is 8"s ??

man how old are you 17? you need some self control and better understanding of spending your money wisely :p

I think you need to relax when someone asks for an opinion. Whats wrong with being 17 anyways? I think we all used to be 17 at one point. This guy may be "teh No0b" or whatever people like to say but theres no reason to insult him. I do agree with the first part of what you said though.

Man this is electronics. You are allways supposed to wait for the last possible moment to buy the stuff.
Why buy re8s now when you have no box or amp or headunit? by the time you get all the stuff to use the re8s the re8s will be outdated and your gonna want to upgrade again..

man how old are you 17? you need some self control and better understanding of spending your money wisely :p

dude, i just bought a cd player and i dont even have a car. and this week im buying an amp.

buy the hu. i bought my headunit had it in for a week then bought my subs and a box then the next week bought the wiring kit wired my car and borrowed my buddies amp kuz he had gotten a new used car and we hadnt put the stereo in yet, then i bought an amp of my neighbor for $25 kuz he was going in the marines. then i bought my 4 channel for $75 from the stereo shop here kuz it was there sound board amp only used for 2 months and then saved for a month and bought my interiors. this was all last summer, then this summer i bought new sub and amp. but if u had a credit card u could get it all right now

ahh man

Get the cd player, you can use it right now, it'll help out SQ a bit too

And in reference to waht that guy said about size, he is truthful, I've got a 99 Single Cab F-150 and I've had three 10's, two 12's, two 15's(all sealed) and now I'm back at one ported 12, so dont just limit yourself to the 8's unless you like them(which they are kinda fun, eh? lol)

In fact, 8's ARE the only subs I can fit comfortably behind my seat. At most I can get about .60 cubic feet per sub, which would be in the lower range of most 10's. With the 8's, I can can put them in a larger recommended box and get better low freq. extension.

I get tired of seeing people on here claiming to have single cab trucks with massive amounts of space behind the seat. One guy on here has 12 inches between the back of his seat and the rear of the cab.

That's a big ass single cab.

I had an '81 1/2-ton Chevy p/u once.

It had a pair of Kicker 12s sealed behind the seat with the Yamaha amp that drove them between the two. There was also a Kenwood KGC-6042 EQ hung under the dash below the radio. I'm 6'2" and there was still room to drive comfortably. Can't see where a '90 model Ford would have noticeably less room...

I'd go with the head unit for the same reason already expressed by others ~ it's what you can use immediately (instant gratification is so cooool lol!) Then start over the $$ saving process and start towards the next step //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.