Should I get this subwoofer?

ThaGreatest

So I just got my license and I drive a 1993 Dodge Spirit, yes I know you never heard of it. But I need some sound in the car. I want it to be able to make my mirror rattle but also sound good. So I was thinking about getting the Pioneer Championship Pro Series 12" w/ 3500 Watts after reading the good reviews on Amazon but Im completely loss if I should get that or another and I dont know much about what amps, BOX, and wiring I should get. I listen to mostly hip hop and looking for something that can handle bass. I would say my budget is $400 but could definitely spend more over time.

Well we could use a little more info. Do you have a head unit or are you using the factory system and just want to add a sub? You can def do better than that pioneer look around here in the sub classifieds if you only need amp sub and wiring kit you should be able to do ok then.

for $400 you can do this

get 2 of the below subs they are on pre order right now for $99 each

amplifier either get an apsm 1500 $125 or an apsm 2000 $189

get prefab box for now and save money for a custom box

see info below

presale on Sub 12" 600watt $99

C2 Audio Threatcon-2

Threatcon-2-2T.jpg
Threatcon-2-3.jpg
Threatcon-2-4.jpg
Threatcon-2-5.jpg

Specifications:

12" Threatcon-2 Subwoofer

600 Watts RMS

Available in Dual 4 Ohm and Dual 2 Ohm

Dual 2 Ohm: Threatcon-2 12d2

Dual 4 Ohm: Threatcon-2 12d4

3" Copper 4 Layer Voice Coil

Double Stacked 160 oz Magnet

High Current Flat Woven Tinsel Leads

Dual Spider Pack

Dual Stitched Non Pressed Paper Cone-

with Mid Excursion Foam Surround

Enclosure Recommendations:

Sealed: 1.0 - 1.25 ft^3

Ported: 1.5 - 2.0 ft^3 @ 35hzSealed: 2.0 - 2.50 ft^3

Ported: 3.0 - 4.0 ft^3 @ 35hz

T/S Parameters:

FS: 36.7HZ

VAS: 40.9 DM3

QES: .44

QTS: .40

BL: 16.8

MMS: 167.7G

SENS: 91.5 DB

XMAX: 28 MM

Woofer Dimensions:

EXT DIA: 12.48"

CUT OUT DIA: 11.18"

MOUNT DEPTH: 5.82"

If you up you budget a bit I would suggest 2 incriminator i10s and an ia 5.1 in a custom ported box it would cost about 650 with a decent prefab box from MSW | Car Audio Stereo, Car Subwoofers, Car Amplifiers and Speakers and amp kit from Amp Installation Kits, HDMI Cables

The prefabs from mobile sound works are great they are solid and tuned decently which is why I recommend them but if you could build your own it would only cost 30-40buck plus the design which if bought of here averages 10-25bucks

How much of the trunk space are you willing to give up? 2 12's in a proper box will eat up most of your trunk and wont let the sound waves enter the cabin proper so you would end up with a loud trunk and a quiet cabin.

Well we could use a little more info. Do you have a head unit or are you using the factory system and just want to add a sub? You can def do better than that pioneer look around here in the sub classifieds if you only need amp sub and wiring kit you should be able to do ok then.
Im pretty much rebuilding everything. All I have right now is radio and a home theatre speaker hooked up so I would at least have some sound.

I think those c2 subs and audiopipe apsm 1500 will be your best bet and those actually will not just rattle your mirror

price wise $200 for subs, $125 for the amp and about $25 for 4 ga amp wiring and the rest for your sub box

don't get a pioneer sub.... one of the few things i don't recommend by Pioneer. However, i do suggest (if you don't have a headunit yet) getting a Pioneer headunit.
What about those that you have? The SA 12s? I looked those up and heard great things about them. I know they're more expensive for my budget but im willing to dish out more money for the better.

sa subs are nice subs ,as well as the dc lvl 2and 3 ,so are the xfl subs to .just really depends on your wants and needs ,i know you want bass, and your over all budget ? no one has asked is there and space issues ? i can work up something for you if you like .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.