Should i get this amp/these subs & run 'em at 8 ohm???

TongueDruid

CarAudio.com Newbie
Maine
Hey all, I'm getting a 2017 Ram 1500 crew cab and I want to put a couple 12" subs under the back seats. I was thinking of running them into a monoblock doing 8ohms, for extra accuracy & detail (as opposed to 4ohm or 2ohm.) I'm not a Basshead so absurd SPL isn't what i'm looking for...
I was thinking of grabbing a couple of the PIONEER TS-A3000LS4 12" subs (400 rms each) and wiring them in series (resulting in 8ohm) to a Skar SKv2-3500.1D which can put out about 700w rms at 8ohms.
I've not bought any of these items yet. Does this sound like a well-matched setup?

TongueDruid

CarAudio.com Newbie
Maine
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm also not married to the 8 ohm idea, I just figured that might be best for detail. I have no clue if the difference between 8 and 4 ohm will be very noticeable in that dept. Just going to tuck the subs up under the music (volume-wise) to extended the low end, and not exaggerate it much.

winkychevelle

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Ponchatoula, La
I'm also not married to the 8 ohm idea, I just figured that might be best for detail. I have no clue if the difference between 8 and 4 ohm will be very noticeable in that dept. Just going to tuck the subs up under the music (volume-wise) to extended the low end, and not exaggerate it much.
You aren't going to hear the difference between 1ohm and 8ohm with quality amps.

TongueDruid

CarAudio.com Newbie
Maine
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You aren't going to hear the difference between 1ohm and 8ohm with quality amps.
Hey thank you, I guess I can go for a less robust amp and save some $$ then! Looking for a mono that puts out towards 800w @ 8ohms was creeping towards the $1k range, which I thought may be kinda ridiculous if I'm just using $150 woofers...

Reactions: huberoy123

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.