Should i get this amp/these subs & run 'em at 8 ohm???

Participant count
  • Participant list

TongueDruid

CarAudio.com Newbie
Maine
Hey all, I'm getting a 2017 Ram 1500 crew cab and I want to put a couple 12" subs under the back seats. I was thinking of running them into a monoblock doing 8ohms, for extra accuracy & detail (as opposed to 4ohm or 2ohm.) I'm not a Basshead so absurd SPL isn't what i'm looking for...
I was thinking of grabbing a couple of the PIONEER TS-A3000LS4 12" subs (400 rms each) and wiring them in series (resulting in 8ohm) to a Skar SKv2-3500.1D which can put out about 700w rms at 8ohms.
I've not bought any of these items yet. Does this sound like a well-matched setup?

I'm also not married to the 8 ohm idea, I just figured that might be best for detail. I have no clue if the difference between 8 and 4 ohm will be very noticeable in that dept. Just going to tuck the subs up under the music (volume-wise) to extended the low end, and not exaggerate it much.

I'm also not married to the 8 ohm idea, I just figured that might be best for detail. I have no clue if the difference between 8 and 4 ohm will be very noticeable in that dept. Just going to tuck the subs up under the music (volume-wise) to extended the low end, and not exaggerate it much.

You aren't going to hear the difference between 1ohm and 8ohm with quality amps.

You aren't going to hear the difference between 1ohm and 8ohm with quality amps.
Hey thank you, I guess I can go for a less robust amp and save some $$ then! Looking for a mono that puts out towards 800w @ 8ohms was creeping towards the $1k range, which I thought may be kinda ridiculous if I'm just using $150 woofers...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...