Should I do it?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kanjay West
10+ year member

A guy is trying to sell me a 10" Massive Audio (Massive Audio TW 10, I believe, from the pic he sent me).

He wants to sell it to me in a custom ported box and an amp (1000w) for $150.

Should I take him up on the offer? Or should I go lower?

Are Massive Audios good subs?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Meh, depends on the amp and what you are looking for. Does the amp put out 1k or is that the max rating and it really only does 4-500? Are you wanting a 10" or do you want something larger? Are you going to want to upgrade in 6 months?

AS far as massive goes I had their ck6 mids in my door and wasn't overly impressed and the left door speaker blew relatively easy. I have no experience with their subs though so I can't comment on their performance. No matter what though, $150 for a box, 1k amps, and sub seems super cheap.

Meh, depends on the amp and what you are looking for. Does the amp put out 1k or is that the max rating and it really only does 4-500? Are you wanting a 10" or do you want something larger? Are you going to want to upgrade in 6 months?
AS far as massive goes I had their ck6 mids in my door and wasn't overly impressed and the left door speaker blew relatively easy. I have no experience with their subs though so I can't comment on their performance. No matter what though, $150 for a box, 1k amps, and sub seems super cheap.
I'm not sure about the amp. I just texted the guy and asked, but when I asked about the wattage, he told me 1K. The sub isn't for me, but for my girl's old beater (1997 Toyota Camry), so I was thinking she wants some trunk space. I have no plans to upgrade again, b/c I'm just getting her started with a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH head unit and want to give her something that will make it sound nice. I don't want to spend too much because, 1, it's not my car and 2, I'm working on my own car as well.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

What kind of amp. Not a bad deal for 150 as long as everything works good.
I'll let you know what kind of amp as soon as the guy responds.

I ran that sub in my GTO for awhile off a kicker 400.1. Think it was rated at 600rms. Sounded pretty good off the kicker, though I picked up the sub for $50 and built the enclosure. All depends on the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.