Should I buy this?

Codycancatch8
10+ year member

Found an RE XXX 12", 1st Generation on CL for sale. The owner had 3, sold 2 of them for $250 each. Has been sitting on this last one for a while, listed at $300 but would take $150 for it. Everything works on it, minimal cosmetic wear. (Few scratches). However, I am not sure if I would even be able to use this thing. I know the new ones are 2000Rms, I have an Elemental Designs Nine.1, I had a DD 2512 but it is acting up and I am looking to throw something else back there. Should I buy this sub for $150 or buy a lower RMS sub for about the same range price. If I go the DD2512 route, what compares to the that aka best bang for the buck route.

Thanks guys.

If I was to buy it and use it would my amp push it? Also, anyone know what this version weighs? Im not trying to absolutely kill my mpg. Lol. I think my DD2512 was around 30lbs and Id imagine the older re xxx are around 60lbs. My car may look like it is popping a wheelie.

I used to try and flip subs all the time, but I don't have the time as of now to do that. Plus finding a local buyer is tough. And shipping would be pricey on this thing. I may buy it and use it now. Or just hold it for an suv set up. I am getting better pictures tomorrow. I am hoping nothing pops up.

So the 1st gen xxx aren't too much heavier than the 2512? I'll probably pull the trigger on this, I was going to go something simple like an Sa-12 or replace the 2512. I thought it was a pretty good deal as well. The guy needs money, Hell I haven't even tried talking him down. I'm shooting for 125.

If I was to buy it and use it would my amp push it? Also, anyone know what this version weighs? Im not trying to absolutely kill my mpg. Lol. I think my DD2512 was around 30lbs and Id imagine the older re xxx are around 60lbs. My car may look like it is popping a wheelie.
You do realize most of the humans that would ever ride in your car normally weigh much more than this, yes?

Yes, I was looking at the new xxx which weighs a lot more. I have heard the old xxx are better any truth to this? If I get some pics today I will share them. Any tips for buying used? So I don't buy a piece of crap. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.