SFB 5000 on 2 Sundown Audio X12s?

AP33

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 12, 2021
Houston,TX
What do you guys think of running a SFB 5000 on two Sundown X12s? Ill probably upgrade the amp much later in the future but for now is it perfectly capable of running both?

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Yes but why not go ahead and get an 8k now instead of buying a 5k and upgrading later on. Price is low on the 8k right now.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Price is low on the 8k right now.
They're cheap for a reason. One of mine has already went back for warranty, making some pretty rough noises. Still though I'm confident that Sundown will make good on repair/replacing it.

That said, when OP melts his 3" 4 layer coils by throwing 5000W square wave into them Sundown absolutely will not warranty them.

AP33

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 12, 2021
Houston,TX
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They're cheap for a reason. One of mine has already went back for warranty, making some pretty rough noises. Still though I'm confident that Sundown will make good on repair/replacing it.

That said, when OP melts his 3" 4 layer coils by throwing 5000W square wave into them Sundown absolutely will not warranty them.
I have 2 12s with original cones and an amp that was made in 2003 and they work perfectly fine Im cautious with the power im sending out but that ***** for your amp though! Sometime in the future ill get a much better amp but this will do for now.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
that ***** for your amp though!
Meh, I expected these Chinese made Soundigital knockoffs would have issues, that's why I bought through an authorized dealer/service store so that I could just get a new one whenever one failed.
Got the Soundigital 12K back in now (which is actually a bit cleaner sound, if a bit cheaper feeling pots and terminals) holding me over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds