setting up a hifonics BX1000D

nismboy6986
10+ year member

the **** technician
I just got mine today and this thing is hard to setup as far as the subsonic,bass eq,gains ect. go because it only labels both extremes and they are no guide bars or anything printed. can some one tell me a approximation where 20hz for subsonic, 60hz for low pass is at. also with the bass eq am i right to turn it all the way up on the amp itself, turn it all the way down on the remote and adjust accordingly with the remote.

hey,

I just got the same amp and I'm tryin to figure out how to set it up too. I just turned the cross-over and subsonic filter to where it sounded good, I have a sealed box so I can get away with that, I don't know if your dealing with a ported box.

As for the bass eq I'm really stumped, I have it set at about 9db, which is 50%. I was afraid to really turn it up, but maybe I should.

I got this amp in a few days ago. I also just turned my bass eq. all the way up on the amp, and all the way down on the remote for regular listening. As for the subsonic and low pass, i guess you just need to make a good guess. One thing i cant figure out is the phase. I have mine on 0, but i cant find any difference in sound even if i turn it all the way up. Thanks

I got the same amp about 6 or 7 months ago. Right now I have the bass eq all the way up...didn't really hear much bass without it, and I just use the remote and HU to adjust to my liking...haven't had any distortion problems yet.

As far as phase...you'll either want that at 0 or 180 I believe, as it switches pos signal to neg, and neg to pos if you go 180.

Subsonic filter:

20hz is about a quarter of the way up...you figure it goes from 15 to 35, so 25 is right at half way.

If anyone needs anymore help I can put in my 2 cents

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.