Setting the Gain on the Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
ok so here is my original help: i first turned down all the gain, subsonic, etc besides the lowpass which i put up all the way, so i unplugged my speaker wires and turned my radio all the way up and put the volt meter across the speakers, i have no reading on the voltemeter and i have the voltmeter to read ac, and i have song playing, so what am i doing wrong?
You shouldnt run the HU all the way up, you have no idea where its clip point is. 75% is safe.

You dont play a song you play a tone.

You shouldnt run the HU all the way up, you have no idea where its clip point is. 75% is safe. You dont play a song you play a tone.
i watch the youtube video where MTX said turn the HU all the way up but ok 75%, so is that the reason why i wasn't getting a reading on my voltmeter, shouldn't i still get a reading on it still when playing a song?

i watch the youtube video where MTX said turn the HU all the way up but ok 75%, so is that the reason why i wasn't getting a reading on my voltmeter, shouldn't i still get a reading on it still when playing a song?
If the source is clipped ie. HU then everything will be clipped. Not every HU wont clip, only the real good ones. You should still get something, double check all the wiring, make sure your sub is on if the HU has the option to turn it off, make sure the amp is getting power.

If the source is clipped ie. HU then everything will be clipped. Not every HU wont clip, only the real good ones. You should still get something, double check all the wiring, make sure your sub is on if the HU has the option to turn it off, make sure the amp is getting power.
Yeah my amp is on and getting power and everything cause when i gave up i rehooked up my subs and it works like it should, it could just be my voltmeter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Chief612

Chief612
Mpls, Mn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Chief612