Setting the Gain on the Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
Im having hard troubles setting my Gain on my Amp. I have a 3000 watt amp and having my subs on a 2ohm load and i know thats all the information you need to set the gain using the formula with sqrt which i forgot :/ but i was trying to set up my gain, i watched a few youtube videos and i first turned down all the gain, subsonic, etc besides the lowpass which i put up all the way, so i unplugged my speaker wires and turned my radio all the way up and put the volt meter across the speakers, i have no reading on the voltemeter and i have the voltmeter to read ac, and i have song playing, so what am i doing wrong?

it was that planet audio 3000 watt amp that you didn't like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

not sure why this matters?
I'll give you a little education. Setting the gain using a DMM you set it to the RMS of the amp. If its a overrated amp and you set itto what it says you will clip it to death. The DMM method is not good for those amps cause you have no idea what to calculate

I'll give you a little education. Setting the gain using a DMM you set it to the RMS of the amp. If its a overrated amp and you set itto what it says you will clip it to death. The DMM method is not good for those amps cause you have no idea what to calculate
well its that planet audio 3000 watt amp

Big fail

If its a 2ohm amp yes
ok so here is my original help: i first turned down all the gain, subsonic, etc besides the lowpass which i put up all the way, so i unplugged my speaker wires and turned my radio all the way up and put the volt meter across the speakers, i have no reading on the voltemeter and i have the voltmeter to read ac, and i have song playing, so what am i doing wrong?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Chief612

Chief612
Mpls, Mn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Chief612