Setting my gain but cant get high enough voltage?

Yeah, Pioneer is a little ambitious on their pre-out volts... but I haven't had any trouble setting mine. It's one of the Premier line, with "4-volt" pre-outs.

46 / 62 on volume knob... no EQ ... and 1/3 to 1/2 gain, is enough to get full power from the amp.

Interestingly enough, their 4V pre-outs give me around 0.5 V AC on the ole voltmeter, at this volume. I'd like to find out if they will pump out the full 4V at 62 / 62. Most likely it's not for the full range of frequencies, and not continuous, but should get close.

Yeah, Pioneer is a little ambitious on their pre-out volts... but I haven't had any trouble setting mine. It's one of the Premier line, with "4-volt" pre-outs.
46 / 62 on volume knob... no EQ ... and 1/3 to 1/2 gain, is enough to get full power from the amp.

Interestingly enough, their 4V pre-outs give me around 0.5 V AC on the ole voltmeter, at this volume. I'd like to find out if they will pump out the full 4V at 62 / 62. Most likely it's not for the full range of frequencies, and not continuous, but should get close.
According to DBfan187:

... I've used oscope on several models and they all clip at full volume, 61 is the highest unclipped volume level.
So set your gains on 61/62
you're setting your gain with the head unit volume too low. I'd raise the volume up a little on the head unit to see if this alleviates the issue. Also, you may have to turn the sub up to +6 in the crossover settings to get full voltage from the preout.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

HannaS10

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
HannaS10
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date