Setting gains with voltmeter?

listen im defending you, and you should take it in stride brother , those amps will never do rated power, your target voltage will never be seen just saying , a 2channeel amp is ment for mids , a 4 channel amp is ment for highs or mids, a mono block amp is ment only for subwoofers, a mono block will bring your subs to life unlike the amps you have , our recomendation to get a mono serves you well but if you dont wanna listen thats on you seriously , we on this forum are very knowledgable about car audio , and you are argueing with some of the best, my advice to you iis to get a mono block boss amp if you really like their products they make amps that will put out but you have to do some research to find out , good luck on your quest

Listen man if anyone has chips on there shoulders it's you guys, what is the point of a forum if people that ask question get shitted on because they don't have top of the line equipment. It's not a **** measuring contest. I was just wondering why the volts would only go that high. Yes I'm very happy with my system, but I would like to try and get to the target volts.
Answer is either:

1. You're doing something wrong with settings or measuring

2. That's all that amp will do.

3. This is an epic troll.

Either way, if you're serious you refuse to accept the fact that those amps are junk and would do 1/4 rated power on a good day, or that you might just be doing something wrong. One way or another mods should ban this clown for either being the biggest retard to post here in a couple years or for shitposting outside the dome.

So genius, tell me how I'm going to use a mono block on 2 subs? Mono means "one" unless I use 2 mono block amps.
Troll confirmed. 8.5/10 Well played.

thats what im thinking
So much for the defense Nutdawg, you guys are fking jerk offs. Im good with what I have and if the amps are not meant to put out then fk it! It sounds amazing to me and that is how it's going to be and I'm happy with it, fk the DMM and fk the target voltage.

So genius, tell me how I'm going to use a mono block on 2 subs? Mono means "one" unless I use 2 mono block amps.
Just stop here, your actual knowledge of car audio is less than impressive despite your futile efforts to prove yourself differently. Take it for what it's worth, your amp will not ever produce the "textbook" results that you're looking for due to not being able to produce manufacturer stated numbers.

BTW: Class D (mono block) amps can easily be used with more than one sub (guess you never heard of wiring in series or parallel).

So much for the defense Nutdawg, you guys are fking jerk offs. Im good with what I have and if the amps are not meant to put out then fk it! It sounds amazing to me and that is how it's going to be and I'm happy with it, fk the DMM and fk the target voltage.
then maybe you should read all my posts in this thread , all i do is help people weather the amp is $10 pyle , $$30 boss or$500 sundown , ask about me your barking up the wrong tree my man

then maybe you should read all my posts in this thread , all i do is help people weather the amp is $10 pyle , $$30 boss or$500 sundown , ask about me your barking up the wrong tree my man
So should I just say screw the DMM since my amps will not put out and just listen for distortion? My subs are good I would like to get a little more from my mids and highs though.

dont listen for distortion in my opinion it doesnt work , un plug the rcas from your amp and put the red probe to the prong and the black to the clips that hold it whatever iit reads set the amps gain to that voltage , your not going to be satisfied with the amp just because your only going to be seeing a few hundred watts , a mono amp would be your best bet , your only hope is to get rid of the boss and look for a higher fuse rating , rule of thumb what every fuse is rated add a 0 thats what youll be seeing in true power

dont listen for distortion in my opinion it doesnt work , un plug the rcas from your amp and , your not going to be satisfied with the amp just because your only going to be seeing a few hundred watts , a mono amp would be your best bet , your only hope is to get rid of the boss and look for a higher fuse rating , rule of thumb what every fuse is rated add a 0 thats what youll be seeing in true power
You lost me here,"put the red probe to the prong and the black to the clips that hold it whatever iit reads set the amps gain to that voltage" so say the 2 fuses on the amp is 30 amp each that's only 60 watts of true power? That would ****!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.