PPI P1000.1 Wiring Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

96Firebird
10+ year member

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but the manual had me confused...

2zstdg1.jpg

I have 2 SA-12 D4 subs, and want to wire to a final load of 1ohm. Reading this, it got me confused. Right now I am thinking I need to wire the subs in parallel (+ to +, - to -), then wire both + together and both - together, and then use only one if the +/- outputs on the amp. Does this sound correct?

Thanks for any help.

I think I got it figured out, with help from another forum as well.

Each DVC 4ohm sub can be wired in parallel to a 2ohm impedance, and then I can use both outputs on the amp. I could also wire it the way I said before, either way would work. Looks like the amp parallels the outputs.

But I do agree, they make it very confusing.

Thanks for the input.

It looks straight-forward to me. Most mono amplifiers with 2 positive and 2 negative +12V terminals have the like pairs of inputs joined inside the amp, which is why the "NOTE:" paragraph is included. Two 1 ohm subs wired in parallel results in a 0.5 ohm nominal impedance, which the amplifier can't safely handle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.