Setting gains with voltmeter?

What I don't get is if it sounds so amazing why you're even worried?

What voltage do you expect to see out of that amp?

Let's have some pictures of the DMM and how you're using it.

honest opinion! sell the boss audio gear to a local and get u some audio poop or something a little better. then try again. if im not mistaken ur running ur subs on a 4ch, y not a mono. what is it u really need help with? the dmm shows 10v because that's all it will put out that's it boss is a horrible brand when it comes to ratings. it does however have flashy eye catching products draw inexperienced people in .
Why would I want a mono block, I'm running 2 subs...the 4 channel is bridged down to 2 chs

If OP doesn't want help after asking for it. The correct response would be" Well then, enjoy your Boss amp and have a nice day."

That's it. There's no point in trying to teach if he doesn't want to learn.

What I don't get is if it sounds so amazing why you're even worried?
What voltage do you expect to see out of that amp?

Let's have some pictures of the DMM and how you're using it.
Because I want to set it correctly. I know how to use a DMM set to AC and positive prob goes to + terminal, and - goes to - terminal. It's not rocket science.

Because I want to set it correctly. I know how to use a DMM set to AC and positive prob goes to + terminal, and - goes to - terminal. It's not rocket science.

So what voltage are you expecting to see out of this amp?

What precisely are you trying to accomplish with "setting gains with a DMM"?

Why not post some pictures of these things so we can help you find your problem via process of elimination?

So what voltage are you expecting to see out of this amp?
What precisely are you trying to accomplish with "setting gains with a DMM"?

Why not post some pictures of these things so we can help you find your problem via process of elimination?
R4004 is 1600 watts

R3003 is 1200 watts

According to the specs I should get 800x 2 at 4 ohms bridged with the R4004

Also I should be getting 110x 4 @ 4 ohms on my mids and highs

Target volts I'm looking for is 56.56 split between 2 gain controls on the R4004

Target volts I'm looking for is 20.97 split between 2 gain controls on the R3004

R4004 is 1600 wattsR3003 is 1200 watts

Target volts I'm looking for is 56.56 split between 2 gain controls on the R4004

Target volts I'm looking for is 20.97 split between 2 gain controls on the R3004
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

R4004 is 1600 wattsR3003 is 1200 watts

Those amps will not do half of that if they were struck by lightning, still I'd expect a little more than 10V out of the larger one.

Really you ought to just let this thread die because you seem to have all the answers and a huge chip on your shoulder. You refuse to answer questions or post pics to help us troubleshoot through process of elimination.

Boss has like a 20 year track record of rating things at 4X what they will actually do and anybody who points that out is the bad guy here, so whatever. If it sounds amazing and you know everything just go away and let this thread die.

If it sounds good it is good and you don't need to worry beyond that, though I suspect this is not the case. My ***** sounds good and I don't go poking around with the gains and a DMM because I'm happy. More likely you are NOT happy with what is going on and don't like the potential answers that either those amps are doing as much as they will ever do, or you are doing something wrong measuring things or with your settings.

By all means go sign up at another forum and see if you get any better answers then come back and tell us all we were wrong.

Uhhh...no I did everything correctly thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
This thread should have ended right there. When you're trying to teach someone like that you're pretty much wasting your time.

Those amps will not do half of that if they were struck by lightning, still I'd expect a little more than 10V out of the larger one.
Really you ought to just let this thread die because you seem to have all the answers and a huge chip on your shoulder. You refuse to answer questions or post pics to help us troubleshoot through process of elimination.

Boss has like a 20 year track record of rating things at 4X what they will actually do and anybody who points that out is the bad guy here, so whatever. If it sounds amazing and you know everything just go away and let this thread die.

If it sounds good it is good and you don't need to worry beyond that, though I suspect this is not the case. My ***** sounds good and I don't go poking around with the gains and a DMM because I'm happy. More likely you are NOT happy with what is going on and don't like the potential answers that either those amps are doing as much as they will ever do, or you are doing something wrong measuring things or with your settings.

By all means go sign up at another forum and see if you get any better answers then come back and tell us all we were wrong.
Listen man if anyone has chips on there shoulders it's you guys, what is the point of a forum if people that ask question get shitted on because they don't have top of the line equipment. It's not a **** measuring contest. I was just wondering why the volts would only go that high. Yes I'm very happy with my system, but I would like to try and get to the target volts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.