Participant count
  • Participant list

srch4aresn
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
alpine 9887

sundown 1500d

dc lvl 4

have the sub wired to 1 ohm, playing 50hz test tone on the stereo, volume at ~18 since i rarely go past that. i should get a ac measure of 38.7

upgrade battery cables from innovative wiring (similar to big 3, all 0-2 gauge copper wires) and 1/0 gauge for the amp.

even with the gain maxed out (no bass boost) im only getting a reading of 10.5 ac. should i turn the volume up or start turning up the bass boost or what? im going to go disconnect the mids/high amp and see if i can turn it louder to get the targeted volt reading

alright so i disconnected the mids/high amp and turned the volume up to 23 and i was getting the voltage output from the amp. the problem is, at volume 23 the music is too loud

Is the EQ settings on the HU out on 0?
Also that happened to me one time.. turned out I forgot to turn my bass knob up.
yeah they're all on 0. turns out i can't adjust the bass / treble on this head unit without first hooking up the imprint mic system thing. and i dont have a bass knob.

normally i would just crank up the bass boost but im trying to get this to sound as good as possible and everyone loves to hate on touching the bass boost knob.

so i did a quick search on what level the 9887's start to distort at and i turned my head unit up to 23/24 and it was putting out the numbers i had calculated. as a curve ball, i blew a rca for front left channel!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

srch4aresn

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
srch4aresn
Palm Beach
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date