Set-up enhancement questions

KINGxSPARK

Sorry if any of these are stupid questions i'm still a noob! I have a G35 sedan currently running a single Soundqubed HDS312 on a Hifonics BRZ1200 wired at 1-ohm. Headunit is a Pioneer Z140. Box is 1.8 cu ft ported. Installed it all myself about a month ago & doing the Big 3 upgrade on Friday. So heres my questions:

1. Will adding dual boxed 6x9 speakers in my trunk make the setup sound better? I've heard mixed opinions. I'm not sure if replacing my current door speakers would be a better option than adding boxed speakers in the trunk?

2. My alternator is only 110 amps, I haven't had light dimming yet but i'm sure I will if I add a 2nd amp for speakers. Should I look for a high output alternator or would a 2nd battery and/or cap be a better option?

3. I'm trying to get the system to slam harder in general, any advice?

1. This is an awful idea. I don't know who told you to do that. If anything, upgrade your speakers up front.

2. DO NOT buy a capacitor. The only good ones are Maxwell's, and they're expensive. A high output alternator should not be necessary for your power if wire and connections are good. Adding another battery is a band-aid.

3. Upgrade equipment, or build lots of boxes and see what is best.

I always thought caps worked. But recently there's alot of talk they don't do diddly. I would only upgrade the alternator if you needed more juice in which you said you didn't have any problems with that anyhow.

Replacing door speakers would be a pretty big upgrade resulting in most likely a substancial improvement. Spend money on good clean HU, amps and speakers for the front. Bass is easy to accomplish.

When you say trying to get the system to hit harder, which part are you referring to? The subwoofer bass or the loudness of the front or midbass or...

Sorry if any of these are stupid questions i'm still a noob! I have a G35 sedan currently running a single Soundqubed HDS312 on a Hifonics BRZ1200 wired at 1-ohm. Headunit is a Pioneer Z140. Box is 1.8 cu ft ported. Installed it all myself about a month ago & doing the Big 3 upgrade on Friday. So heres my questions:
1. Will adding dual boxed 6x9 speakers in my trunk make the setup sound better? I've heard mixed opinions. I'm not sure if replacing my current door speakers would be a better option than adding boxed speakers in the trunk?

2. My alternator is only 110 amps, I haven't had light dimming yet but i'm sure I will if I add a 2nd amp for speakers. Should I look for a high output alternator or would a 2nd battery and/or cap be a better option?

3. I'm trying to get the system to slam harder in general, any advice?
1. Absolutely not. Try playing around with box direction.
TrunkSubwooferPlacement_zps32a2600c.png

2.Get a 20$ volt meter off sonicelectronix and wire it up. If your dipping into less than 13.5 when your driving. Time to start doing electrical upgrades. However driving and idle bumping is different. If you run full tilt idle. your gonna have low voltage problems. which is hard on your equipment and can fry things

3.Do you know what your box is tuned too?

You don't even need a $20 volt meter. My volt meter and turn on relay cost $5..

A volt meter is very useful to have. That $5 can save your system

I always thought caps worked. But recently there's alot of talk they don't do diddly. I would only upgrade the alternator if you needed more juice in which you said you didn't have any problems with that anyhow.Replacing door speakers would be a pretty big upgrade resulting in most likely a substancial improvement. Spend money on good clean HU, amps and speakers for the front. Bass is easy to accomplish.

When you say trying to get the system to hit harder, which part are you referring to? The subwoofer bass or the loudness of the front or midbass or...
This is nothing new.

I'd go with door speakers however that can be a chore depending on clearance. I concur with the rest....Volt meter and monitor it if it looks like an issue go HO alt.

1. Absolutely not. Try playing around with box direction.
TrunkSubwooferPlacement_zps32a2600c.png

2.Get a 20$ volt meter off sonicelectronix and wire it up. If your dipping into less than 13.5 when your driving. Time to start doing electrical upgrades. However driving and idle bumping is different. If you run full tilt idle. your gonna have low voltage problems. which is hard on your equipment and can fry things

3.Do you know what your box is tuned too?

In those diagrams is the rear of the car on the left side? If so my box is currently in the good (b) position if no i'm in the bad (a) position. And it's just some generic box I bought at Best Buy, me and my friend are gunna try to build a bigger one this weekend, the current one is smaller than soundqubed's recommendations.

THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM :p your prefab box is killing your output and sound quality. The two sections sticking out in the pics are rear wheel Wells.
Alright so my positioning is on point but my box isn't. Hopefully the build will go well i've never built a box before, even as it is right now though its pretty loud, i'm just never satisfied :p

Alright so my positioning is on point but my box isn't. Hopefully the build will go well i've never built a box before, even as it is right now though its pretty loud, i'm just never satisfied :p
If you continue the hobby, you will never be satisfied..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.