Seriosuly problem. amp smokes when i plug in power and grounf

Bobby322
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
Okay I'm trying to install my system in my sig today. I ran a neg. And positive run of wire from my hood battery to my back battery. I then ran a serperate ground for my amp and the power from the back battery. When I plug it in the amp starts smoking bad... its really pissing me off idk what I'm doing wrong. I really hope I didn't screw my amp up. I still had the neg. on the under hood battery disconnected just in case. Please help

once the smoke is let out, it can not go back in

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

got them hooked up backwards?

When you just plug the power in? No subs or RCAs? Is the amp casing touching the metal chassis? Polarity problems?

Edit: Generally when it smokes, it's fried.

Grim's post confuses me.

Are you saying you ran a positive and ground from your front to your back batt, then connected the positive of that batt to the amp, and then hooked the amp neg to chassis ground, and not the batt neg?

What's the difference in Snoop Dogg and Bobby32's amp?

Nothing. We all expect them to be smoking at some point.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I have pos to pos and neg to neg wires from the hood battery to the back battery. Then pos of the back battery to power on the amp. Then I ground the amp to chassis. Smoke pours out of the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.