Hybrids and high current systems even possible???

As we keep going with cars the way they are we are getting more and more

hybrid vehicles, and i just went to honda.com and watched a video on this FCX

Clarity which uses hydrogen that converts to electrical, to supply these motors

that drive the vehicle. Anyone know if it is even possible to have a high current

audio system in these type of vehicles? If so how is it even

accomplished?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

If anyone wants to see the vid on the honda, its kinda interesting, maybe it came out awhile ago and im just way behind but im not sure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/ click start tour.

i think the hardest part is that getting a high output alt to be put on such a small hp gas engine, that it would pull so much hp from it to charge and keep up with the music that it would cause the engine to run constantly thus reducing any gas mileage that the car would have been bought for in the first place

i think the hardest part is that getting a high output alt to be put on such a small hp gas engine, that it would pull so much hp from it to charge and keep up with the music that it would cause the engine to run constantly thus reducing any gas mileage that the car would have been bought for in the first place
Simple laws of physics tell us that even with the losses due to conversions and mechanical resistance, there is simply no way any normal sized alternator would put so much strain on a vehicle as to create the situation you describe. Does swapping out for a H.O. alt, or adding a second one, decrease a traditional car's gas mileage by more than a few MPG's? No.
My main concern for hybrids would be the impact a large transient drain would create. These voltage irregularities already cause issues with the electrical system in tradition cars, I have to wonder what it would do to a hybrid. But being electrically powered, they also may have a much stronger ability to cope with such electrical drain irregularities. *shrug* Ive never worked on a hybrid in any manner... do they even have alts?

As far as I know, the early hybrids had normal gas engines, with good alternators, powering the electric engine.

Newer ones have gone to a full generator style setup, with the gas engine producing the power for the electric engine. That would be what you could tap.

The problem with that is it would at the very least lower the distance you could travel, and for a big setup, it could lower the power you get.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.