Seeking the impossible!!!! WTB a Kenwood Excelon KDC-x717, x817, or x917!!!

milehigh-SPL

I know its a long shot.....But I've gotta try!! I am looking for a Kenwood Excelon KDC-x717 Head unit, from around 2001 or so. Owned one then, and have not found a head unit I like more since. It has been a struggle just to find the model number, only to learn that there are NONE on e-bay or other sites(only the face plate). I am a HIGHLY MOTIVATED buyer, and will be very flexible as to price/trade/a bit of both if you can find a FUNCTIONING model in good condition. This is important enough to me that I am hopefully replacing my 3 month old Pioneer avh7700bt in dash dvd app radio receiver with the Kenwood if one is found. Depending on condition, I could possibly trade the pioneer for the Kenwood, even with an added cash bonus if it is near new, or I could just pay cash outright, or whatever would be mutually beneficial. I hope someone out there has more success tracking one down than I did. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

P.S. I will also consider seriously consider a x817 or x917 as a alternative

Joined 3 years ago and never posted until now to look for a 13 year old head unit?

Good luck anyway. quality on head units has been pretty much disposable since the late 90's.

I know its a long shot.....But I've gotta try!! I am looking for a Kenwood Excelon KDC-x717 Head unit, from around 2001 or so. Owned one then, and have not found a head unit I like more since. It has been a struggle just to find the model number, only to learn that there are NONE on e-bay or other sites(only the face plate). I am a HIGHLY MOTIVATED buyer, and will be very flexible as to price/trade/a bit of both if you can find a FUNCTIONING model in good condition. This is important enough to me that I am hopefully replacing my 3 month old Pioneer avh7700bt in dash dvd app radio receiver with the Kenwood if one is found. Depending on condition, I could possibly trade the pioneer for the Kenwood, even with an added cash bonus if it is near new, or I could just pay cash outright, or whatever would be mutually beneficial. I hope someone out there has more success tracking one down than I did. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
P.S. I will also consider seriously consider a x817 or x917 as a alternative
I have a KDC 9017 with the optional heads up display....that shows the radio stations and functions on your windshield...It was the top of the line with spectrum analyzer ...pretty much same as x917..PM me if interested

I know, it's a unusual way to go about things, but I don't see why my searching for a 13 year old deck, or only posting once in nearly 3 years, should have anything to do with the price of tea in China.....or the availability of a head unit from back when quality and design meant more than the next round of bells and whistles. I've learned a great deal following threads here, and rarely found myself possessing information that hadn't already been shared with those who sought it. I feel that if I'm not adding to the conversation it does everyone else a disservice for me to post just to see my words on the screen. I also understand having gotten rid of many over the years, although had I known that quality and inventiveness were going to take a vacation from the manufacturers, I would have held on to many pieces of equipment, as well as several complete systems that I no longer have.(or at the very least, would have held on to the dual 13w7's in the beautiful plexi enclosure with the edge lit plexi amp rack and the dual JL 1000/1 amps.....that one still hurts to think about:suicide:) I do find it peculiar that although I can't find the deck, everyone and their grandmother seems to have held on to the face plate.

I fell you bro. I miss this and would use it again in a heartbeat.

50622995DEH-P6600_big.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...