SAZ3500 problem need help asap.....

Ya this really ***** because I was popping 153's before & now a 148???? wtf. I was really think I am gonna change rides because this hybrid system is the problem in my opinion.

thread like this bring me out from under a rock. special ed kids that wonder why their amp goes into protect at 9.8 volts should just give their stuff away...

Are you blind???? In his third post. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
That was after he made the comment about all of that power with just a stock alt and one battery...

And Sundown amps will handle 10V just fine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif The main power wire from my front batt to back batt got disconnected and I was running off of just a Batcap 2000 for who knows how long...needless to say, voltage went down to ~9.5V before going into protect. Couldn't find the problem for the life of me, then checked the batt voltage and //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Man the problem is not the hybrid car is your choice of front batt and needing more wire ran do that and see but I still can't believe you are running them at less than 2ohms strapped on virtually no power backup..

It is the reason I don't care for Street classes in dB Drag -- they essentially require using huge amps on almost no electrical backing.

I think Scott could do pretty well for a short burp with TWO of those big Odyssey batteries, which I believe is allowed in Street-C. The little red top isn't doing much to help. Also make sure that the Odyssey is not bad - maybe it's not holding a good charge.

Well all I am changing out the front battery to either a nsb3100 or another pc2150.

I just really think what is weird is when the amp goes into protect I am not even playing the set up loud at all.

Another wierd thing is that I can get a full burp off but then once I play music (and not even loud just at low volume) that is when the slave amps have gone into protect........

The PC2150 is brand new, so I doubt that is the problem. I told Scott to get the redtop up front replaced and he is working on that.

I have never set his amp gains but maybe next time we work on it I will check that all out. I helped design and build the box but paid no attention to the amps and everything else, maybe it is just a bad setting and the amps need adjustement.

If you havent tried yet Scott, start with everything turned down on the amps, like all the way. Slowly work up from there and watch voltage on each burp. Pay no attention to your score, that isnt the issue on hand, but rather doing the score and being able to do it again and again.

Let me/us know if it helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.