Running car electrical off of a single lto lithium in back okay?

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Well Known
Sep 11, 2020
Ky
Going with the new lithium lto tech to run my amps in the back doing a few runs from alternator to battery already well I've got interior gutted and can make all the wires clean. Should I just run a wire connecting the factory electricals that were on the battery up front all the way to the back where the battery is or run another smaller lithium up front for the car? Never done this before, all responses appreciated!

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
I just used some scrap wood pieces to fill in the battery tray and mounted distro blocks to those to get the stock wiring + alternator connected and running to the rear. I do not think any lithium will like the heat under your hood. I'm sure you can connect everything however you like up front and it'll all work out the same but having terminals under the hood may come in handy.

Reactions: Kybasshead75

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
ND
I just used some scrap wood pieces to fill in the battery tray and mounted distro blocks to those to get the stock wiring + alternator connected and running to the rear. I do not think any lithium will like the heat under your hood. I'm sure you can connect everything however you like up front and it'll all work out the same but having terminals under the hood may come in handy.
I put a wrap of electrical tape around the positive post of the agm under the hood and clamped the terminal over the tape. I'm not completely confident in my new lithium yet, so i like having a backup, although i haven't had any problems with it yet.

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Well Known
Sep 11, 2020
Ky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's about the same thing I did in this daily driver car I'm using right now. It doesn't even have a battery up front it's just connected to the factory ground and then the hot wire to the battery works fine. The xs d3100 back there weighs a freaking ton, really wanted to do something lighter this time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds