Rockford Power 1000a2 amp only outputs on ONE Channel! Please help!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I cant do the bridged way.

I have two Boston G5 subs that are at 2ohms.

The amp isnt 1ohm stable.

So I will have to run them on the 2 channel option which I beleive I saw was 550watt per channel.

Which should be ok given that the subs call for 450watts each.

The GT-2300 IS 1 ohm stable. It's not .5 ohm stable. So yea, you'd have to wire each sub to 2 ohms and wire it on each channel of the amp. You could also bridge into 4 ohms for around the same power but all on a single circuit.

Although with the amp outputting what I need power wise at 2 ohm stereo - what would be my benefit to dropping to 1?

I read that the less ohms - the less efficient the amp is.

So if it has what I need at 2 ohms - and is more efficient with my 4 gauge wire - wouldn't that be the way to go?

Thanks for your help in this matter.

I found a guy who will attempt to repair my old amp at a flat rate - or at least tell me if it is toast.

The flat rate is $125 so with money being an issue - I gotta go this route.

The GT-2300 will be my fall back.

I posted the same original post on a couple forums - you guys here are by far the most responsive and informative - so thanks again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.