Right Side Drive

loser_fish
10+ year member

Michigan
I was wondering, on right side drive cars with manual trannys, how does the shift patterns go? Is it like our cars in america with 1st gear on the left and 2nd directly below it or is 1st on the right with 2nd on the same side causing the shift pattern to move toward the left as you accelerate. You can post here or email me at loser_fish@hotmail.com if you have a reply.

I'm sure it's the opposite (meaning reverse is on the left side, farthest from the driver). I think it is this way because they were showing one of their animations and it had a manual gear box, then the lady was talking about putting it in reverse and the animation showed the shifter moving to the left. And the animation had a pic like this, i think

gear box.bmp

Attachments

• gear box.bmp
    0 bytes · Views: 31
Originally posted by bass_mekanik they go

1 3 5

| | |

2 4 R

that is how standard 5 speeds go

four speeds

1 3 R

| |

2 4

or

R 1 3

\ |_|

_ 2 4
yes, it's the same...

the only real pain with right-hand drives with caraudio is the fact that you can't install kickpods and expect it to be safe, cause your foot will get in the way with the accelerator... such a hassle...

Originally posted by paikiah yes, it's the same...

the only real pain with right-hand drives with caraudio is the fact that you can't install kickpods and expect it to be safe, cause your foot will get in the way with the accelerator... such a hassle...
yupp that's how it goes

but kick panels CAN be installed in RHD's

i know many RHD's with them

manual cars too...i know a civic sir with kick's...and he has 2 inches clearance from the kick panel

some automatic RHD's will have even more space

Originally posted by pioneer yupp that's how it goes

but kick panels CAN be installed in RHD's

i know many RHD's with them

manual cars too...i know a civic sir with kick's...and he has 2 inches clearance from the kick panel

some automatic RHD's will have even more space
Yes, didn't say impossible... just a bloody pain in the arse to have it around, when you wanna stomp on the gas, and you crush your beloved MB Quarts to oblivion instead...--;;;

Originally posted by pioneer yeh man i hear u

especially if u got some big ass boots

like timberlands //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
or steel toed cats, or Dr. Martens, or.....the list goes on...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.