Subwoofer not playing right

Participant count
  • Participant list

gknudsen22

CarAudio.com Newbie
new york
Hello, I already posted in general but wanted to also post in here. I recently installed a set of used JL audio shallow depth 12W 1v3-4 inside an enclosed under seat box in my truck. It’s being powered by a JL audio XD700/ 5v2 (XDv2 series) amplifier

So basically my concern is that the subs are not hitting hard at all once the volume is raised. They also sound like garbage at higher volume. They sound pretty good and hit decent when turned down. I think I was expecting more when I got 2 12’s consider my single full size 12 in a ported box hit 5x harder than these. Is it the shallow depth sub? Is it the non ported box? I have no clue. I attached a video which you can hear the subs at normal playing volume vs higher volume.

Here is the example video:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...