Recommendation for best performance strapping or new amp?? HELP NEEDED!!!!

Participant count
  • Participants list

Pnshr13

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am currently redoing our system on our boat. I Previously was running a Q-series 12" kicker L7 DVC 4ohm, wired in parallel to 2ohms powered by a Hifonics BXX3000.1. I am now upgrading my sub, and switching out the kicker and installing two 12" U series Sundown DVC 4ohms, in a custom made 4cubed box(after sub/port displacement) with two 4" aeroports 13" long each. I am going to run them in parallel to get them to a 1 ohm load, and curious how best to get power. Should I continue to run off the Hifonics BXX3000.1 at 1ohm? Or should I get a second BXX and strap them to give more of a head room? and if I strap do I keep them wired to 1ohm? or should I scrap the amp all together and get something with more power, and if so what? any input would be helpful, as I want to be able to push these subs to the limit, without smoking the coils, or thermalling out the amp.

Dont use 4 inch aeros, they are too small for those subs and you will have awful port noise. Instead use a single 8 inch aeroport. Multiple ports aren't as efficient as a single port and aren't recommended with high power high excursion subs like Sundown U's.

Dont use 4 inch aeros, they are too small for those subs and you will have awful port noise. Instead use a single 8 inch aeroport. Multiple ports aren't as efficient as a single port and aren't recommended with high power high excursion subs like Sundown U's.
ok cool..good to note...I will look at it and try and re spec the box..Its still in the prefab stage nothing is set yet, just trying to get the amp figured out so I can get it all put in at once. that box is gonna be a ***** to move around alot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.