Rear Fill Speaker/Installation What to do?

Participant count
  • Participant list

q733

I'm trying to determine the best possible way to achieve good sound staging with my current setup. I have a 4 channel Soundstream Picasso 4.880. I have a Sub bridege on 3-4 channel and 1-2 for the front components. My rear fill speakers, I am planning on connecting this to my Alpine CDA-7893 HU internal amp. My delehma is I also have a Alpine CDA-5755 EQ/DSP/CD connected via ainet with no internal amp. I currently have the CDA-5755 RCA pre-outs connected to the amp. My question is how would I connect the rear fill speaker to the alpine 7893 HU to utilize the internal amp and then would I split the rear L/R speaker cable into the CDA-5755?

that would only work if your headunit had an aux input...but then you could not use your HU as a source. So, no...you can not mix it up like you described. But a better question: why are you so concerned about rear fill? I can understand that some people choose the 5.1 theater thing for the auto, but for regular music, there is really no need for rear fill. Think about the last time you were at a live music rendetion...were there any musicians behind you? You'll have plenty of "fill" from a proper stereo set-up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.