RE comps Tweeter HELP !!

Participant count
  • Participant list

acura2005
10+ year member

boston
Hi Guyz

just recently installed my Re series 6.5 comp in front door of my Acura. They are powered 40 watts rms from Alpine amp. i am using hi/low from my factory radio. Overall SQ is very great but the Tweeters get harsh. My friend recommended me to connect a 2.2uF 50 volts capacitor btw the positive wire, ran from crossover to tweeter to bring the harshness low. Do you guys think it would help? treble from my radio is turned all the way down and still tweeters are sharp. or should i look into a new tweeter such as AURA mentioned in this forum?

why the hell would you add a capacitor to the tweeter? your friend has no clue what hes talking about. I hear a lot of people complain about the harshness of the RE tweets, though. Personally, I like them. they are nice and vibrant and get loud. But i listen to them with treble up a little. maybe its just me.

It made a heck of a difference. It took out the harshness of the RE tweets. The Aura tweets arent as loud as the RE tweets, even though the RE tweets are 3/4 inch tweets and the Aura tweets are 1 inch. I think it has to do with the ohm configuration or that the Aura tweets can take on more power im sure. I like the change because the RE tweets drowned out the RE mids.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.