is 45 watts per channel enough for a pair of morel maximo 6 comps?

To be honest I didn't realise that the HU had time alignment. I thought that the time alignment menu was just a fancy fade and balance menu since the only mentions of time alignment on Sony's website were "digital time alignment presets" which I assumed was referring to the subwoofer distance setting. The documentation for this head unit is kinda bad (or I just may be bad at searching through it).
Apparently sony mentions how the time alignment works in the sound settings help page and I missed it, so I must just be bad at looking for information lol.

Apparently sony mentions how the time alignment works in the sound settings help page and I missed it, so I must just be bad at looking for information lol.
Man.. Its a very Nice feature to have for sure. Prob take about an hour to set it up the way you like it. You will make adjustments in time as you listen to your system to get it the way you really enjoy it.

Hi, I want to make a question related to what is spoken in this thread.

It appeared here the controversy of installing an amp even having a good HU, and I am asking myself why. Of course I would understand it if we were talking about a cheap amazon radio, but a Sony radio which boasts having 55W RMS per channel seems good to a newbie like me.

Despite the heat issue, if the sound equipment is headed towards quality instead of quantity, wouldn't it be more than enough a well branded radio like the OP?

EDIT: In a thread started by me, a user said "if you want more than 20 watts RMS per channel you are going to need to get an amplifier". Who is wrong? The users in this thread, or the user in mine?

Last edited:
EDIT: In a thread started by me, a user said "if you want more than 20 watts RMS per channel you are going to need to get an amplifier". Who is wrong? The users in this thread, or the user in mine?
Like OP stated, there are radios with higher power output. Most radios have around 18 watts RMS per channel. They mostly claim 50w per channel but that is max power. A close approximation to their true output would be to look at the fuse they use. The formula I use for radios is Amps X 5 Volts (mystery how I came up with that number). So if the radio has a 15 amp fuse, it will be ~75 watts total RMS. That would be around 19 watts per channel. That to me is good power in a closed enviorment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...