Kicker CompS terminals question

Matt65

CarAudio.com Newbie
SC
I recently bought some kicker compS subs off of marketplace, looking them up online says they're svc. Everything I've seen so far about subs is If it has 2 positive and 2 negative terminals it is a dvc and my sub has 4 terminals, so am I wrong about it being svc or are those 2 extra terminals meant for something outside of my current knowledge. Appreciate any help!

Do the subs have a specific model number on the bottom? Sounds like DVC. Could always confirm with an ohm meter by measuring each set set of terminals. Say you get 4 ohm each terminal set, then paralell them and you will get 2 ohm, know for sure DVC. I suppose extra terminals could be added to make wiring easier, but I don't think most companies would waste money doing that.

Just got time to pull one, the double terminals if it was svc would just be to prevent splicing wires maybe?

Attachments

• IMG_20230304_202711139~2.jpg
    IMG_20230304_202711139~2.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20230304_202711139.jpg
    IMG_20230304_202711139.jpg
    754.4 KB · Views: 23
Yeah those look like SVC. Could confirm with a multimeter. Otherwise, if you look close, is it a solid piece of metal? Looks like it is, if so it would indeed be SVC.

Any clue of some advantages I could have from having these aside from not having to splice with the extra terminals provided

Those are 4 ohm SVC subs. Think of those as dual input terminals. You have two wire inputs for one terminal.

The "advantage" is that it makes it easier to wire them together when your subwoofers are all inside one box. So when you have two wires you aren't trying to stuff em both under one terminal. When you wire them in parallel or series-parallel, you would have at least one subwoofer that has one terminal being wired to two other locations, (using two different wires).

(I see those were last sold at best buy for $60. Hope you got a good deal on em).

Last edited:
Im really glad I found this site, you've all taken time to help me out, much appreciated!!! I got a ported kicker brand box and 2 of those 12 sub and brand new in the box db drive neo 1.5k monoblock amp for 250 with some used wire to go with it but it was actual 4ga copper not that cheap stuff Walmart has. I bought a cheap Walmart hi to low frequency converter and I've noticed that my lows are good but my mids are not that great. Could I find hi to low converters with some sort of equalizer integrated? I know know that I'm not a fan of ported boxes now too, all my priors were enclosed and they were way tighter toned and I'm reading that ported boxes lack in keeping tones tight

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...