rcas into monoblock

Participant count
  • Participant list

accuab
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I'm looking at getting a hifonics hfi 1000d monoblock. I was reading on the hifonics website and it shows for the rca input to the amp. it says that for a unbalanced input ( rca left and rca right) to use a rca y-adapter off one of the channels to the inputs of the amp. Is this needed for a monoblock amp? It just seems weird that you would want to lose one channel of your bass. Isn't the left and right just summed up inside the amp anyway? I've only used 2 ch before for subs and never had came across this before. Any help on this is appreciated.

Its if your using a mono output where your only using the one side of the rca. You use the splitter so that both channels are being used on the amp and are getting the same signal.

Most likely this won't apply to you. Morethan likely your HU has normal rca output (left & right)

Its if your using a mono output where your only using the one side of the rca. You use the splitter so that both channels are being used on the amp and are getting the same signal.
Most likely this won't apply to you. Morethan likely your HU has normal rca output (left & right)
I have the l and r. But the diagram shows doing that for a full range stereo line input. It is showing for a dedicated mono input that the adapter is not needed. Just doesn't make sense because it has rca out to send to a full range amp, but with either of their diagrams it wouldn't make sense to attach an amp after that with only having mono input.

You'll be fine just plugging your RCAs into just normal. It's saying use a Y adapter if you want use full range stereo output, you're not going to be running the amp like that, you're going to be running it mono so just plug it in normal. It's the same as any other mono amp. Don't pay any attention to the diagram. Full range is assuming you are going to be using it to run door speakers...etc and will have a wider range of frequencies.

Does it change anything that I'm keeping the stock hu. I'm using a local from the left and right rear channels. So everyone is in agreement just to plug both left and right fda into the amp and be done with it.

Yea I meant loc. Phone changed my word. I had thought just to hook the rcas like normal but the diagram from hifonics just confused me. Since I had never used a monoblock before I wasn't sure.

Sorry to thread hijack but I'm thinking about getting the Hifonics BRE1600.1D. I have a very similar question so I figured I would post it here.

My HU has a sub input. It's a wire about 4-6in. long with a female rca on the end.

So would I need the Y-adapter that it shows in that diagram to plug into the female rca on my HU?

From what I can tell you'll be fine just running the rcas like normal. Mine sounds good with having the l and r hooked up like normal coming from the loc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.