will stock stereo fry my car's electric?

Participant count
  • Participant list

radiosmadio268

ny
98 mercury mystique (basically same car as a ford contour). I have a Blaupunkt rpd550 CD player stereo installed, but i want a cassette player to use a cassette adaptor to play from my phone's mp3 player. I'm looking at the factory stock 98 mystique stereo on ebay:

95-98 Ford Contour Taurus Mystique Radio Cassette 98BB-19B132-AC

As long as the connectors weren't changed to fit the cd player that i have now and the stock one hooks right up, i should be fine, right?

thanks

Just buy a fm modulator/transmitter. The ones you wire in tend to work better then the wireless tranmitters. Metra and scoche make some for around 30 bucks.

You want to listen to MP3's from your phone through a Cassette Player Adapter???

(sat here for 10 mins, could not think of anything I could post which would not violate the TOS)

I am sure that would work if that is what you wanted to do.

Perhaps you should pull the radio out to see if the factory harness is still in tact or if it has been cut up.

Just get the metra..Power, ground, hook the antenna leads in between deck and factory antenna, set to one of the 2 stations avail and mount the part that will hookup to the phone via a 3.5mm auxilary wire.

I used the scosche one a year or so ago and it worked well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.