RCA signal became audibly louder / stronger..

Participant count
  • Participant list

OKAY

it'snotdatloud
I have not changed any equipment besides the sub amp RCA cable. And im not too sure if this started the moment i switched the rca or weeks after the switchout because i dont know. One day i noticed i had to turn my sub amp gain down a lot and i also noticed i am now down to +5 to +7 out of +10 on the HU sub level. Any higher on the HU sub level seems to audibly clip more, if that makes any sense.

Both my sub amp gain dial was noticeably higher and so was the HU sub level (+10). Now both are noticeably lower. And now any higher then +6 or +7 on the HU sub level the output is.. i dont know clipping?

Seems i get better output volume at the lower HU sub level..

What happened?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
One side of your old RCA probably went bad. Causes hella weak signal
I have 2 neg. runs both going to the frame from both batteries in the back. Everything is 3/0 except one of those neg. runs to the frame is zero sky high wire. The lug on the 3/0 was loose so im in the process of fixing that and disconnected it.

Now its only the one 0 ground going to the frame. Now it is louder my output has improved tremendously with only this one ground and voltage is fine. Why?

One thing i forgot to mention was that the length of the 3/0 neg i removed looks to be kind of long than should be..maybe this is the reason?

Pics below of the 3/0 with loose lug and with the 3/0 removed (currently).

f7dee725feb5183e15d9aad0f7ef39d8.jpg

abd5db3bea11ec0998d3a5f11c1bdd70.jpg

0bf8f866ccfbb3671dc3713587236647.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 neg. runs both going to the frame from both batteries in the back. Everything is 3/0 except one of those neg. runs to the frame is zero sky high wire. The lug on the 3/0 was loose so im in the process of fixing that and disconnected it.
Now its only the one 0 ground going to the frame. Now it is louder my output has improved tremendously with only this one ground and voltage is fine. Why?

One thing i forgot to mention was that the length of the 3/0 neg i removed looks to be kind of long than should be..maybe this is the reason?

Pics below of the 3/0 with loose lug and with the 3/0 removed (currently).

f7dee725feb5183e15d9aad0f7ef39d8.jpg

abd5db3bea11ec0998d3a5f11c1bdd70.jpg

0bf8f866ccfbb3671dc3713587236647.jpg

sounds like the 3/0 run was loose and since its at the same location, its making the bolt securing the 1/0 and 3/0 both loose as well even though it feels tight. I'd do a seperate dedicated ground for the 3/0 if you put it on. Might want to sand the ground area down even more as well.

sounds like the 3/0 run was loose and since its at the same location, its making the bolt securing the 1/0 and 3/0 both loose as well even though it feels tight. I'd do a seperate dedicated ground for the 3/0 if you put it on. Might want to sand the ground area down even more as well.
Speaking of i just now smoked one sub!

Courtesy of Katy perry ET By dj inclined

Speaking of i just now smoked one sub!
Courtesy of Katy perry ET By dj inclined

yeah his katy perry stuff is basically 0 db test tones have to be careful with those. Thats why you dont passively set gains, you have to actively monitor and know each song's bass levels., always creep up on a song and back it off when it stops getting louder. Volume knob should not be the same place for each song.

Dude there's a guy selling two hdc4 15s for 550 OBO on so cal stereo systems for sale group in facebook

mJFoMx.jpg

yeah his katy perry stuff is basically 0 db test tones have to be careful with those. Thats why you dont passively set gains, you have to actively monitor and know each song's bass levels., always creep up on a song and back it off when it stops getting louder. Volume knob should not be the same place for each song.

Dude there's a guy selling two hdc4 15s for 550 OBO on so cal stereo systems for sale group in facebook

mJFoMx.jpg
That's why my gain is much highe than what it needs to be

mJFoMx.jpg
Yeah i broke my remote gain and forgot all about it.

mJFoMx.jpg
so. many. tabs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.