Jl tw3 12” space needed, down fire

Participant count
  • Participant list

filly4thirteen

CarAudio.com Recruit
usa
Quick question. I’m finishing up my box and noticed these subs are very close to the floor in my Chevy 1500. I’m talking when I stick my hand under flat against the floor I rub the rubber around the woofer. It’s a mti box made for down fire but there’s an area in that back that’s a little closer so I may need to cut off the brackets that was used for my bottle Jack mount. Only reason I’m questioning it is it’s a box for a 2018 Chevy and I’m a 2021. I read the xmax is 15.2 mm which is approx 5/8”. Is this how much the sun will flex down and should I be considered with it bottoming out on my floor?

I have confirmed through JL that these subs have just over 1inch xmech. As long as there is 1inch clearance in front of the front edge of the surround you should be good. By the time the cone gets to that point you’re already deep into distortion territory. If you plan on adding a JL grille the total front clearance you’ll need is 2.25 inches from the baffle surface. Hope this helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...