Raptor 1/0 = Stinger 4ga????

dgaf
10+ year member

Swollen Member
727, FL
Ordered some Raptor 1/0 wire online, got it today, and this is what it looks like.

wire.jpg

I was going to be running 1200w through it. Safe?

^ yea, just blows cuz i got all 1/0 fuses holders, ring terminals, battery and distribution terminals...

might just order some stinger 1/0...i plan on upgrading my amps in the future anyways, might as well do it right the first time

Yeah that raptor wire really sucks! Looks like the 4 gauge might actually be a bit bigger //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

so you are gonna compare the highest end wire from stinger to the lowest line wire from metra? which is also 1/3 of the price less than the stinger and you're complaining? everyone knows that Raptor wire is one of the cheapest wires on the market. that's like getting a Chevy Aveo and comparing it to a Camaro in a race.

^ hmmm, no, i guess everyone doesn't know raptor is the cheapest wire on the market. i don't know everything about car audio, never said i did, and wasn't really complaining. but in my world, i'm an electrician, wire size is wire size, it's a measurement. a 12 oz can of pepsi is 12 oz, rc cola doesn't advertise 12 oz but only give you 8 oz, you get 12. same should be with wire size. i figured i was paying for the name brand, didn't know it was going to be smaller, doesn't seem right to me, but hey, i'm a car audio noob, i gatta learn from my mistakes, maybe this will help other people.

^ hmmm, no, i guess everyone doesn't know raptor is the cheapest wire on the market. i don't know everything about car audio, never said i did, and wasn't really complaining. but in my world, i'm an electrician, wire size is wire size, it's a measurement. a 12 oz can of pepsi is 12 oz, rc cola doesn't advertise 12 oz but only give you 8 oz, you get 12. same should be with wire size. i figured i was paying for the name brand, didn't know it was going to be smaller, doesn't seem right to me, but hey, i'm a car audio noob, i gatta learn from my mistakes, maybe this will help other people.
true, no one teaches better than Mr. Mistake. HPM, Hyperflex, Knu, etc... all are oversized wire and just use the wire size outside diameter but use close to the next size up in actual wire diameter.

****, I didn't know it would be that drastic of a difference when you were telling me lol. I figured it would be close to the 4awg but a little bigger, not a little smaller lol. We'll get you some better wire tomorrow.

And I see my old wire there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

true, no one teaches better than Mr. Mistake. HPM, Hyperflex, Knu, etc... all are oversized wire and just use the wire size outside diameter but use close to the next size up in actual wire diameter.
knu kolossus is sick.. bu tother then that the best wire i have run is scosche frosted flux. i have used knu kolossus, knu cca, hyperflex, stinger hypertwist and a bunch of cheaper brands. i actually have most in my garage. need to take a pic of them all but the scosche was hands down better then the hyperflex and the stinger hypertwist was a hair bigger but had less strands.. neck n neck imo. i like a hi strand count and easily bendable. just depends on your price range and installation prefrence.. plus i need it all to match my truck and iw as having a hard time finding black and silver in other colors so i tried the scosche and was pleasantly surprised

so you are gonna compare the highest end wire from stinger to the lowest line wire from metra? which is also 1/3 of the price less than the stinger and you're complaining? everyone knows that Raptor wire is one of the cheapest wires on the market. that's like getting a Chevy Aveo and comparing it to a Camaro in a race.
The problem is the fact that its false advertising. Something labeled 1/0 wire better be 1/0 wire. Calling a wire 1/0 because the OD is that of 1/0, but has a jacket comprising 60% of that measurement ... is just jackassery at its best. No one says the Aveo will win in a race against the Camaro... Raptor says their wire is 1/0 when its not even close.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.