Quick disconnect options

ProgMtl
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Okay, here's the deal...I had a sub box custom built to form to the floor, etc. of my Silverado xcab...the way the box is built there are no speaker terminals on it...only wires coming out of the box (siliconed so it's air tight) and those wires run to the amp...

Here lies the problem...

I need to be able to remove the sub box (was a real pain in the ass building my amp rack with it still on the floor).

What I want is some VERY STRONG, HIGH QUALITY connectors that I can use to quickly disconnect the wires not to far after they come out of the box (I know about all the crappy, little connectors...don't want those).

I have been looking for some dual banana plug type (can't seem to find a female portion of this type of connector).

Can someone help me out here?

If it was my car to do I'd pick up one (maybe more if needed) of the multi-pinned Molex connectors and likely use the larger gauge pins for the speaker/remote/ leads. I'd use the regular size for the signal (RCA) cables. Then I'd use the larger gauge quick disconnects for the power/ground. Parts Express is your friend for this. Basically, you'd have three pairs of connectors and you're good to go.

if this is just for the sub... the deans plugs would work great. you could use wire as thick as 12ga and that is considered a zero loss connector.

If it was my car to do I'd pick up one (maybe more if needed) of the multi-pinned Molex connectors and likely use the larger gauge pins for the speaker/remote/ leads. I'd use the regular size for the signal (RCA) cables. Then I'd use the larger gauge quick disconnects for the power/ground. Parts Express is your friend for this. Basically, you'd have three pairs of connectors and you're good to go.

It's only for the sub wires...nothing to do with power, remote or ground...just wish the guy would've put a terminal cup or 5-way binding post in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.