Will this headunit improve my SQ? details inside

reed dollaz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Ocala, FL
I was at the audio shop, just chillin. And the owners brother pulls up. His stereo is bangin. Loud as ****, his subs are stealth under his rear sets *(its a crew cab pickup) he has the same components as I do, and the same clarion EQ. I have a clarion HU ( in sig ) and he has an Eclipse CD3000 HU. His highs sound SOOOO much better than mine, very clean, clear, and crisp. He has no sound deadening or anything. But it sounds a hell of alot better. 4 people at the audio shop told me mine would sound just as good as his if I got a better HU (he recommended the same one he has, the eclipse). is it true if I get this 5volt eclipse HU my SQ will improve in my front stage? As I said, he has the same clarion EQ. So I had him pull up next to my car, and I adjusted my EQ exactly like his. Same settings. It sounds alot better now but still not as good as his. Will getting this Eclipse CD3000 5volt (or another, better HU) improve my components SQ?

yes different vehicle but same equipment. neither of us have subwoofers, everything is the same except out headunits. i dont think diff vehicles will make one of them sound cleaner, and clearer. that usualy goes for subwoofers.. some vehivles get louder while others dont. i dont think this appys to highs (no midbass either)

because i like the HU i have and im asking if it makes a difference or not. im asking if headunits help to make your speakers sound better. stop flaming.. this is how people learn. they ask questions

a better HU does improve SQ, that however has nothing to do with the preout voltage...u didn't mention if he mounted them in his doors or panels, what signal cabels he's using, what amp he is using, what vehicle...

proper install is 70% of good sound

I was at the audio shop, just chillin. And the owners brother pulls up. His stereo is bangin. Loud as ****, his subs are stealth under his rear sets *(its a crew cab pickup) he has the same components as I do, and the same clarion EQ. I have a clarion HU ( in sig ) and he has an Eclipse CD3000 HU. His highs sound SOOOO much better than mine, very clean, clear, and crisp. He has no sound deadening or anything. But it sounds a hell of alot better. 4 people at the audio shop told me mine would sound just as good as his if I got a better HU (he recommended the same one he has, the eclipse). is it true if I get this 5volt eclipse HU my SQ will improve in my front stage? As I said, he has the same clarion EQ. So I had him pull up next to my car, and I adjusted my EQ exactly like his. Same settings. It sounds alot better now but still not as good as his. Will getting this Eclipse CD3000 5volt (or another, better HU) improve my components SQ?
curious, what eq settings did you use?

a better HU does improve SQ, that however has nothing to do with the preout voltage...u didn't mention if he mounted them in his doors or panels, what signal cabels he's using, what amp he is using, what vehicle...
proper install is 70% of good sound
inside the doors. all he said was it was a 5volr HU and said 5volt was better

well he is an idiot, most likely his are tuned a installed better. You have more processing power than that unit, i would stick wiht what you have and figure out why yours *****.

Are you doors deadened and sealed?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.