quick disconnect for my speaker wire ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
hi guys,

anybody using a plug on your speaker wires?

like i want to add some for my door speakers so i dont have to d-solider my wires from the speakers when puling them.

right now my hole interior is out, rug and all. im doing body work ( replacing both rear quarter panels and some other things and did not want a fire.. lol .

if you are using plugs were did you get them, what type?

would love to find some good,small 4wire and 2wire plug connectors .

Deans Plugs - Tower Hobbies or Amazon

Put the male plug on the speaker side so you can't short the amp when unplugged

deans_plug_rc.jpg

dam why did i not think about that. i was into heli,car for like 14 year. still have all my stuff.

and i used them on my electric helis and car.

thanks.

still would like to hear what others have used.

thanks..

deans connectors are my absolute favorite. they go together very tight and provide a good amount of surface area of contact. When I used to fly RC planes often we used them on our lipo batteries (which you have to be very careful with, they have a high risk of thermal runaway). More recently, when taking one of the courses for my major in college we were building a quadcopter, guess which connectors they use for the batteries? lol

probably unnecessary for speakers but i hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.