questions

terra
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Yes
Im new to the world of frontstage. ive never needed to upgrade the fronts but now with 4 18"s i cant really hear..well anything. im not really concerned with sq as much as i am being able to hear the words. i understand that comps would sound better than coaxials but i would like to just hear whats going on. i have a 2000 explorer with stock 5x7's. suggestions would be helpful or any tips too. thanks

thats what im asking....budget..as cheap as possible that i can still get loud enough to hear the words.

Components will generally give you much better imaging since you can position the mids and tweeters separately.

ok im not concerned with imaging. sry but im not a big sq guy. i just need speakers that are louder than the stock 5x7's. suggestions? should i go with some infinity kappa 5x7's?

You don't mention an amp for the front speakers. I hope you don't think the headunit can supply enough power (typically 22w rms) to keep up with 4 18" subs?

4 Subs and you're running stock speakers? :eek:New to the site! LMAO! must sound like boom........boom.......vooooooooooo.......booom... obsessed is an understatement...

You don't mention an amp for the front speakers. I hope you don't think the headunit can supply enough power (typically 22w rms) to keep up with 4 18" subs?
yea, id get an amp, it'll be louder and teh speakers will sound better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.