Plz help - US MB Quart speaker prices

domino_z

Hi guys

i'm from Australia and am gearing up for an install in my M3 and have already decided on most components; Rockford 360 to integrate with oem nav/mp3/tv, 2 Rockford Power amps - 500.1 and 600.4, and 2 Rockford Punch 10" subs

now all i need is speakers. In my last car, i had MB Quart Q-Lines which i really liked. I was told MBs new Premium line is as good as the old Q-line series, so that's what ive been looking at

being a fan of o/s bargains, i had a look online for these speakers and was surpised at how cheap they are in the US - around USD $200-260 from such sites as;

http://cgi.ebay.com/MB-QUART-PVF-216-PREMIUM-6-5-COMPONENT-SET-PVF216-NEW_W0QQitemZ140152299135QQihZ004QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8921_MB+Quart+PVF+216.html

these prices are almost 1/2 of Australian retail prices. So my question is, is this how cheap the MBs are in normal audio stores? Or are they fakes that i hear so much about?

would appreciate your help guys

and if there are any supporting vendors online who can offer me those rockford amps please send me a pm

thanks for the quick reply dude

do you think then sonicelectronix is a wholesaler and these prices are for genuine MBs?

im not sure how these audio stores are setup in US, we dont really have car audio wholesalers here since it's such a small market

make sure you listen to the speakers before you purchase, i used to own MB's and had to sell them because i simply could not turn the speakers up without killing my ears. you may like a harsh alum tweeter but i personaly love the way silk tweeters sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.