questions re: installing Pioneer DMH-1500NEX

Participant count
  • Participant list

afzishle

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Radio: Pioneer DMH-1500NEX (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pionee...th-amazon-alexa-black/6401086.p?skuId=6401086)
Car: 2012 Toyota Yaris base/sedan

Using the Metra harness for Toyota 1987 and up, part #70-1761 (http://www.metraonline.com/part/Toyota_wire+harness_70-1761), I'm trying to install the new radio into my 2012 Toyota Yaris car. Here are some questions I have though:

1. The Metra harness has two pieces/harnesses. These line up with the single harness that came with my new radio. There are some wires that don't match up though. For example, the dark blue, yellow/black, blue/white, and purple/white wires coming out of the radio do not match to anything on the Metra harnesses. Does that mean I don't need these? Image: https://ibb.co/ZNPQ2DK

2. There is an orange/white wire from the radio that matches with the Metra harness. This is for the dimmer. An online stranger told me not to connect the dimmer wire or it may damage the vehicle's dimmer circuit, but since these colors match up, doesn't that mean I should connect these? (Image above shows orange/white wires)

3. I know the red and black wires are supposed to be important, and I see them both a few times coming out of the factory radio. The Metra harness has two pieces, but my car's factory radio shows 4 pieces. Am I missing components or are only two of those going to be used/needed? Image: https://ibb.co/d6637fQ

If anyone has any advice or recommendations, I'd be super grateful. Thanks!

Yellow = Connect to constant 12v supply terminal
Orange / White = Dimmer
Red = connect to terminal controlled by ignition switch (12v DC)
Black = (Chassis Ground)
Violet / White = Of the two lead wires connected to the back lamp, connect the one in which the voltage changes when the gear shift is in the REVERSE ® position. This connection enables the unit to sense whether the car is moving forwards or backwards.
Yellow / Black = If you use equipment with a mute function, if not you can tape off.
Light Green = Used to detect on/off status of parking break. This lead must be connected to the power supply side of the parking break switch
Blue / White = Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto antenna relay control terminal (guessing this goes to the remote wire section on each amp)

Left Front Speaker:
White = Positive (+)
White / Black = Negative (-)

Right Front Speaker:
Gray = Positive (+)
Gray / Black = Negative (-)

Left Rear Speaker:
Green = Positive (+)
Green / Black = Negative (-)

Right Rear Speaker:
Violet = Positive (+)
Violet / Black = Negative (-)

2. I have always used the dimmer wire. If you don't your screen will very very bright at night.

3. The factory Toyota/Scion radios have alot of plugs for plug in addable accessories. (Nav,back up camera, steering wheel controls, and bluetooth).

3. The factory Toyota/Scion radios have alot of plugs for plug in addable accessories. (Nav,back up camera, steering wheel controls, and bluetooth).

Thanks for your reply! I have one follow-up question about this one:
My car is the base model and does not have any of those features--nav, back-up cam, any steering wheel controls, nor bluetooth. The regular radio has those 4 harnesses that plug into the back of it, and it's very basic. Using the metra harness, only two of those plugs would be used. Are the unused ones unimportant if the metra harness doesn't connect with them?

Thanks for your reply! I have one follow-up question about this one:
My car is the base model and does not have any of those features--nav, back-up cam, any steering wheel controls, nor bluetooth. The regular radio has those 4 harnesses that plug into the back of it, and it's very basic. Using the metra harness, only two of those plugs would be used. Are the unused ones unimportant if the metra harness doesn't connect with them?

I just did a Toyota with a 1500nex like 2 months ago and already forgot. lol

This is what I used and everything worked perfect. I know one plug is for factory USB/AUX input and another for steering wheel controls. Which won't work anymore without the correct adaptors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...