Questions on sub and amp wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hash4040

CarAudio.com Newbie
Iowa
I have 2 12 inch type r r-w12d2 subs I need to buy a amp and I want the best possible setup. Do I get mono or 2 channel and are the subs 1 ohm capable. If so what ohm amp do I buy and how big. I have them in a vented enclosure also.

Looks like you can go series/parallel and get to 2ohms or 8 ohms in series...

something that does about 1200-1500w at 2 ohm will get you were you wanna be

Wire to the final 2 ohm load as detailed in the 12v wiring diagram. Unless you have the electrical to back up the 0.50 Ohm load and the Taramps 0.50 stable amplifier. Running @2ohms mono will slamm just fine if the subs are in the properly tuned enclosure for the environment placement/vehicle and your electrical can provide the supply for the demand. I run @2ohms mono atm and very happy with my results. I always get asked what type of 15s am I running, and to theyre surprise its a pair of heavy tens slamming the ride at the moment. Type R subs are really great subs. I think you will be very happy with them fed properly. Just some amplifier recommendations. Whats is your Budget for a mono amplifier? Recommended to run a mono amplifier on sub duty for great results

Amazon product ASIN B0BZJXRNXY
Amazon product ASIN B09TFZH1HW
Amazon product ASIN B09YVT2P89
Amazon product ASIN B07Y3TK3CS

two d2 subs can be wired to .5 or 2 or 8 ohms

not 1

heres how to wire subs...

id probably get this amp...

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...