Questions for my new system

Participant count
  • Participant list

rock2593
10+ year member

Alright so I've narrowed down my selection for amps...I have two JL 10w3v3-4 @4 ohms so I'm either gonna go with a Sax-1200 or Saz-1500, Kicker zx750.1, or JL slash 500/1(or if the 600/1 comes out soon ill look at that)....???

...Now I'm getting a set of front comps and rear coaxiles....what do you guys think about me getting a pair of http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...?itemid=112907 for comps and a pair of http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...?itemid=223190 for coaxiles. Andd what amp do you think i should use to power these speakers?

I could probably spend 1000, but thats for front comps, rear coax, and an amp to power the speakers
Front comps: Image Dynamics CXS62 v.2 6-1/2" Chameleon Component Speakers System (those are the 2 ohm version that will allow u to get more power from your amp, which is what I'd do) If you're scared to run the extra power, they make a 4 ohm version: Image Dynamics CXS64 v.2 6-1/2" Chameleon Component Speakers System or you could upgrade to these: WoofersEtc.com - XS-65 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 Way Component System

Rear Coaxs: CTX65 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers | WoofersEtc just save the cash and get a lower line, but still great sounding rear speaker since you will mainly hear the fronts anyway

Amp: Boston Acoustics GT-4100 4 Channel Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com one of the best amps you'll find in the price range IMO. Great SQ, internal fan, 1 ohm stable stereo, 2 ohms stable bridged....what more could u ask? for it to make u a sammich?

That all comes out to around, like $755 or so (quick math, forgive me if I'm wrong) or around $870 if u do the upgraded fronts I posted up there.

I doubt I'm gonna get a set of JL's bc they are over priced... but I'm just curios:cool:, how do you think these: WoofersEtc.com - XS-65 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 2 Way Component System compare to JL's C5's: C5-650 - Car Audio - Evolution® - C5 - Component Systems - JL Audio ?
Some JL stuff isn't as overpriced as some ppl would have u believe. IMO, when it comes to speakers, the C2 and C5 lines, off the top of my head, are nice for the online prices and they've been used in a few winning SQ cars. That said, I don't recommend anyone buy JL speakers without hearing them for them self. JL comps have a really laid back sound that some ppl love and some hate. (Same way with Infinity speakers and the "bright" sound.)

The ID's have a more..."universal" sound that more ppl can appreciate.

Some JL stuff isn't as overpriced as some ppl would have u believe. IMO, when it comes to speakers, the C2 and C5 lines, off the top of my head, are nice for the online prices and they've been used in a few winning SQ cars. That said, I don't recommend anyone buy JL speakers without hearing them for them self. JL comps have a really laid back sound that some ppl love and some hate. (Same way with Infinity speakers and the "bright" sound.)
The ID's have a more..."universal" sound that more ppl can appreciate.
would C5 comps in the front work with C2 coax in the back? or would the C5 coax actually be that different/better than the C2?

would C5 comps in the front work with C2 coax in the back? or would the C5 coax actually be that different/better than the C2?
yes, u can do that. Your main speaker focus should be your front speakers while still not completely cheaping out on the rears like running Pyle 6.5s or something lol

yes, u can do that. Your main speaker focus should be your front speakers while still not completely cheaping out on the rears like running Pyle 6.5s or something lol
Awesome, i think i might make some moves on buy the ID...whats your opinion on a good amp for my two 10w3v3? If i was going JL i was maybe thinking either the 500/1v2 or 600/1v3(when it comes out) or the HD750/1. If i wasn't gonna go JL i was thinking the SA SAX1200D or the Kicker ZX750.1

Awesome, i think i might make some moves on buy the ID...whats your opinion on a good amp for my two 10w3v3? If i was going JL i was maybe thinking either the 500/1v2 or 600/1v3(when it comes out) or the HD750/1. If i wasn't gonna go JL i was thinking the SA SAX1200D or the Kicker ZX750.1
Those are all fine choices. It really comes down to what u want to spend and what brand u want.

If money weren't an object, i would probably get the HD 750/1....best bang for the buck would be the Sundown or the kicker depending on what pricing you're getting.

Those are all fine choices. It really comes down to what u want to spend and what brand u want.
If money weren't an object, i would probably get the HD 750/1....best bang for the buck would be the Sundown or the kicker depending on what pricing you're getting.
Alright cool, so i think I've finally made up my mind on what to get haha, gonna get the HD750/1 to power the two 10w3's, then gonna get the Image Dynamics XS-65's and CTX65's powered by the Boston Acoustics GT-4100, maybe get a JL Cleensweep because its so hard to change the HU on my G35x, and do the Big 3

Alright cool, so i think I've finally made up my mind on what to get haha, gonna get the HD750/1 to power the two 10w3's, then gonna get the Image Dynamics XS-65's and CTX65's powered by the Boston Acoustics GT-4100, maybe get a JL Cleensweep because its so hard to change the HU on my G35x, and do the Big 3
That setup sounds soooo smexy! I mad jelly bro! lol

I'm sure with the proper install you'll LOVE it. That sounds like a setup I'd run all day and I'm pretty picky haha

wished i had seen this soon i run 2 10w3v3's in my silverado extended cab under the backseat run by a jl slash 1000 1v2 and it POUNDS and its real clean //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif love it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.