Questions bout my Rainbows

I remember inside the box it said the one I had was made in 1996 I believe? I bought it around 4 years ago. Paid like 575 shipped from an amazon seller as it was the very last one that was 6.5". They came a long way to get to me so I can only imagine where it's been through to even get in my hands. They were brand new untouched since the 90's. It was all that anyone would talk about in the forums back in the day. I knew I wanted it for a while since I heard the great reviews so I just saved up and got it one day. Felt crazy paying this much for a comp set but in the end, it was well worth the wait.

They are definately very nice drivers. I "sold" the Germaniums to my sister's boyfriend. He got a killer deal. My son now owns the Profi Phase Plugs. I would have gone with them again, but I've always wanted to give Scan-Speak drivers a try.

I decided to replace the tweeters and called around some of the dealers they had on their site. None of them sell Rainbow anymore...
yep, it's becoming scarce now..

does the tweeters not function properly? Do you notice a difference from left and right tweeter when listening to it?

yep, it's becoming scarce now..
does the tweeters not function properly? Do you notice a difference from left and right tweeter when listening to it?
It sounded normal when it was in my old car. I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet as I'm still waiting for my deadener stuff and cables to come in.

The only problem I have with it is aesthetics. My car is new and it just looks out of place lol.

I've been trying to fix the dent with a pick set and accidently poked at the silk dome and few times too. There are no holes, but I can see marks left by it.

It sounded normal when it was in my old car. I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet as I'm still waiting for my deadener stuff and cables to come in.
The only problem I have with it is aesthetics. My car is new and it just looks out of place lol.

I've been trying to fix the dent with a pick set and accidently poked at the silk dome and few times too. There are no holes, but I can see marks left by it.
Oh that *****. I know what you mean by the dent out of place. I wanted to buy new tweets too but i couldnt justify paying so much just for tweets that I already own. I just live with it. I'm sure yours is still running like a champ though. Maybe wrap the tweeter with some black speaker cloth to cover it up so you can't actually see the dent?

If you wanna go all balls out, you can get another set and run 2 pairs of mids and one set of tweeters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

When I attempted to pull my dent out, i used some speaker wire threads and wrapped it around the grill holes.. I didnt wanna accidently pop it though so I just stopped. Couldn't even get through the hoops.. It's so tiny..

do they make a tweeter grill (generic) that might fit it or something that can be adapted, I think I have some laying around I have to look, if I do I could just give em to you, would need a measurement

Oh that *****. I know what you mean by the dent out of place. I wanted to buy new tweets too but i couldnt justify paying so much just for tweets that I already own. I just live with it. I'm sure yours is still running like a champ though. Maybe wrap the tweeter with some black speaker cloth to cover it up so you can't actually see the dent?
Omg why didn't I think of using cloth?!

Does any kind of cloth work or does it have to be "speaker cloth"?

If you wanna go all balls out, you can get another set and run 2 pairs of mids and one set of tweeters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
No thanks!

do they make a tweeter grill (generic) that might fit it or something that can be adapted, I think I have some laying around I have to look, if I do I could just give em to you, would need a measurement
I was planning to just wrap some red cloth around the tweeters to match my car color lol.

I guess that would work to..... just take an old really thick sweater and use some 3m upholstery adhesive and spray the crap out of the sweater piece and the tweeter so it bonds good and wrap it lol

I guess that would work to..... just take an old really thick sweater and use some 3m upholstery adhesive and spray the crap out of the sweater piece and the tweeter so it bonds good and wrap it lol
Really thick? Would that affect the sound coming out? It would be harder to install too huh? I was gonna use a thin cloth and just wrap it. Probably wouldn't even need glue to hold it in place.

Really thick? Would that affect the sound coming out? It would be harder to install too huh? I was gonna use a thin cloth and just wrap it. Probably wouldn't even need glue to hold it in place.
notice the lol, I was trying to kid with you, do not do that with the glue lol and as for the thick sweater I was kidding to you silly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.