Questions about MECA

Your class would be dependent upon what size fuse is within 18inches of your amp.
Cone area of your subs is 50.27sq in per sub x 4 = 201.06 so add that to the result of the size of your (fusing x 10) that is within 18inches of the amp

For example if you have a 50a fuse within 18inches of the amp, you will have a pressure class number of 701 which means you could go in 2nd level of whatever class you qualified for. If you wanted to meter with music and the engine off, you will be in AS2 (551-1000)
I only have one fuse and its under the hood its a 150 but Im assuming that one wont count since its farther than 18 inches away? also with 2 12s and not accounting for the fusing under the hood my pressure class number would be 226 so that would place me in the first class correct?

i have an unblowable 150a fuse .i ran a ab 200.1 off it melted the fuse block lol
pretty sure thats illegal man

I only have one fuse and its under the hood its a 150 but Im assuming that one wont count since its farther than 18 inches away? also with 2 12s and not accounting for the fusing under the hood my pressure class number would be 226 so that would place me in the first class correct?
If you do not have a fuse within 18" of the subwoofer amplifier, you will get bumped into a much higher class, with 2-12" round subwoofers your cone area will be 226

with a single 30 amp fuse your pressure class would be -30amp x 10 = 300 + 226sqin - your formula would be 526 that would be legal for AS1,S1,M1

with a single 60 amp fuse your pressure class would be - 60amp x 10 = 600 + 226sqin - your formula would then be 826 that would be legal for AS2,S2,M2 classes

and if you are planning on running AS or S your enclosure and all equipment must be below your rear window line

best thing to do is go to a show and go as early as possible and do the clinque and ask as many questions to the judges and other competitors as you can and pay attention to what other people competing are doing with there fusing, particularly the ones running in the class you want to be in, but it's a learning process, it usually takes a couple of shows and a little research to get the hang of things

pretty sure thats illegal man
since you don't have a fuse close to your amp the amp's fusing will be counted as an "unofficial" score (as in a score that could not gain you league points if you were a member). if you amp has no fuses then we take the max power of the amp, cut it in half, and consider the fusing for that would require (so if you have a 1500wrms, 3000wmax amp we take 1500 and figure you need a 150a fuse for it). So you do not gain from lacking that close fuse, it hurts you in the longrun.

so if you don't care about your class run as is, but if you want to be in your best possible class add a fuseholder 18" away or closer to your amp to put a small fuse in. or a distro block, that is what most competitors do.

here's an example: in my car i have a 250a fuse near the front battery and in the trunk i have a distro block where i run a 30a and 40a mini-anl fuse about 12" from my sub amp so i can compete in Street 2 class. make sense?

Alright thanks this cleared it up alot for me. I dont plan on becoming a leauge member because I live too far away to commute to the competitions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.